Veiled chameleon some blacks and browns.

kyle0417

Established Member
My veiled has been showing some darker colors and I want to make sure he’s alright.
B429BB40-5F3A-4271-BD70-1B2C687A56B5.jpeg

He’s at my bathroom sink because I was spraying his mouth just to make sure he’s not dehydrated. Now back in his enclosure.

Not certain though, I've never kept veileds. Just based on pictures I've seen. I'm sure someone else while chime in.

He’s at my bathroom sink because I was spraying his mouth just to make sure he’s not dehydrated. Now back in his enclosure.

I would not spray the mouth. I hope you have plenty of live plants in the enclosure by now. Just spray the leave and foliage.

Does your chameleon have spurs on the heels of both back feed? Males have spurs.

I would not spray the mouth. I hope you have plenty of live plants in the enclosure by now. Just spray the leave and foliage.

Does your chameleon have spurs on the heels of both back feed? Males have spurs.
Trust me, it's a he. It's just the camera angle. I wasn't really spraying his mouth per say, more so the space between his eyes that lets water flow into his mouth.

Not to make you feel less than adequate but your cham's casque is very small for a male!

I agree with James, every thing I see in that pic screams female. Can you please post a pic of the back of "her" feet?

How old and how long have you had this Cham? Can you post a pic of your Cham with an everyday object in it to give it some scale?

Not to make you feel less than adequate but your cham's casque is very small for a male!

I agree with James, every thing I see in that pic screams female. Can you please post a pic of the back of "her" feet?

How old and how long have you had this Cham? Can you post a pic of your Cham with an everyday object in it to give it some scale?
Definitely not a she. Here’s a picture of him with a pencil.
23A4BF78-3BBE-4D07-A131-B4C6DC083240.jpeg
1BBDBFA7-43C5-4A0D-B0A8-ED4523916494.jpeg

Lol he hasn't hit his growth spurt just yet. How old is he?

Veiled will go through what I call a muddy stage around 6-8 months old. As he sheds and grows his adult colors will start to show more.

As for your dehydration worries, how often do you mist the cage? Also, what are the temps in the basking spot and throughout the rest of the cage?

Lol he hasn't hit his growth spurt just yet. How old is he?

Veiled will go through what I call a muddy stage around 6-8 months old. As he sheds and grows his adult colors will start to show more.

As for your dehydration worries, how often do you mist the cage? Also, what are the temps in the basking spot and throughout the rest of the cage?
The store said 8 months, and if that’s true he’d be about 10 months right now. He has a dripper all day and 3 2 minute misting sessions a day. The basking spot is at 85 and the ambient is around 70 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom