Veiled Chameleon puffing, posturing swaying

Watering - Currently I use a spray bottle and spritz the enclosure 3-4x a day. I do see them drinking from time to time. I run a fogger at night.

You want to be misting at night and morning before or after lights are on.
Will post image attached with recommend hydration schedule.

Cage Type - His current cage is a full screen enclosure, 16x16x30. I have plans to move him to a larger enclosure in the next couple of months. I'm looking at either a 24x24x48 or 18x36x36. I'm open to suggestions.

24x24x48 is the recommend minimum.

Your uvb lighting and a automatic mister should be your 1st upgrades. Followed by a enclosure soon after.
Get a T5 HO arcadia 6% sized for the enclosure that he will forever be in. Your uvb should span the entire length of enclosure. Best of luck of your dragon journey!
So, I purchased him a 24" T5 HO hood, it has a 5.0 UVB lamp. And I finally received the parts I've been waiting on so I'll be installing the mister system in the enclosures thus weekend.
I do have a question about lighting while I'm in here. T5 vs LED for UVB, is one superior to the other? I know the UVB from the T5s diminish over time, do LEDs do the same? Or do they have consistent output for the life of the diode? Thx in advance

So, I purchased him a 24" T5 HO hood, it has a 5.0 UVB lamp. And I finally received the parts I've been waiting on so I'll be installing the mister system in the enclosures thus weekend.
I do have a question about lighting while I'm in here. T5 vs LED for UVB, is one superior to the other? I know the UVB from the T5s diminish over time, do LEDs do the same? Or do they have consistent output for the life of the diode? Thx in advance
The T5 UVB bulbs are tried and true with chameleons. They are the most widely recommended in the hobby. There are a few companies coming out with these LED UVB bulbs however they have not been tested long term. I do not like what I have seen of these so far. Being spot lights you are now hoping that the chameleon chooses to bask in one small spot. If it does not MBD is high risk. Where as with a T5 you have a wide space and at the correct distance the cham is able to pick its basking area in the right UVI level. Pointing heat to the same area creates a warm area within the UVB rays as well.

Back
Top Bottom