Veiled chameleon & pregnancy

Chey1995

So I wasn’t familiar with veiled chameleons and wasn’t aware they could be pregnant without coming into contact with a male. Could anyone tell me some signs to look for and how often she will possibly lay. I’ve looked for signs of her going to the bottom of the cage or eating less but I haven’t noticed any of these signs. I also can’t tell by aggression bc she has always been aggressive. I also cannot really get her out much bc she is so aggressive but when I have I do not see any lumps in her abdomen. I also haven’t seen any of the pattern marking I assume she would show if she was gravid but I’m just not sure. I’m also not sure of her age either but I assume she is and adult. I can give any pictures or info that is needed.

16040883-B985-4F6E-A7BA-1CD2E46553BF.jpeg

If she hasn't been overfeed and has been kept with an 80F basking temperature she might not produce any eggs.

If not a female can start as young as 5 months if age to produce eggs. They can produce 3 or 4 clutches a year and the size and frequency of the clutches is partly due to the husbandry.

Photos and age would help us.
Do you have a egg bin in her cage at all times now?

I’m sorry but I do not know her age. I was never even given an estimate of her age. I purchased her from a pet store that had gotten her in very dehydrated and malnourished state. They told me that they didn’t know her age and they didn’t even tell me if she was a male or female. I’m just guessing that she is close to a year old but I really do not know. Maybe one of you guys could estimate her age? She gets feed the half inch crickets 5-6 every other day. As does my Jackson so I just put her on the same feeding ratio and schedule bc I think they are around the same age.

Can you show all of her please?
Ummm. I can look and see if I have anything but she makes herself look very small so that’s why I was trying to find one of her in her cage at her actual size. It’s hard to get her out or take good pictures bc she hides and bites. 😅

Ummm. I can look and see if I have anything but she makes herself look very small so that’s why I was trying to find one of her in her cage at her actual size. It’s hard to get her out or take good pictures bc she hides and bites. 😅

Attachments

• CC3291A8-FD38-48B5-9464-D6FEC8B7B248.jpeg
    CC3291A8-FD38-48B5-9464-D6FEC8B7B248.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 65
  • ECC027B8-3813-4C74-A032-3F6D81B74A32.jpeg
    ECC027B8-3813-4C74-A032-3F6D81B74A32.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 74
I’m sorry guys she is just so difficult and fussy. I hope these help also have just a couple from when I first got her if that’s helpful.

She doesn't seem to have her big girl colors yet. How old is she?
She doesn't look gravid.
I was noticing this too from looking at other adult veileds on here. But like I was saying the pet store I got her from virtually had zero information about her. All they knew about her was that she was severely malnourished and dehydrated when she came there just a few days earlier.

I was noticing this too from looking at other adult veileds on here. But like I was saying the pet store I got her from virtually had zero information about her. All they knew about her was that she was severely malnourished and dehydrated when she came there just a few days earlier.
I just guessed she may be close to year bc she is close to the same size but just a bit bigger than my male Jackson who i believe I be right at a year old but she just doesn’t seem to have the vibrant colors of an older female. So maybe someone could guess her age. 😅

If she hasn't been overfeed and has been kept with an 80F basking temperature she might not produce any eggs.

If not a female can start as young as 5 months if age to produce eggs. They can produce 3 or 4 clutches a year and the size and frequency of the clutches is partly due to the husbandry.

Photos and age would help us.
Do you have a egg bin in her cage at all times now?
No I do not at this time bc I haven’t seen any sign of pregnancy so that’s why im just wondering if maybe I should or shouldn’t put one in?

She looks like she's doing fine now! Good on you!
Thank you so much that means a lot to hear. I’m not the most experienced keeper but I try my best to do the most research I can to care for them. But boy did I find out that each and every chameleon differ in attitude and care requirements.

Back
Top Bottom