Veiled Chameleon possibly sick

What do u feed your cham?

• Total voters
I just wanted to add something after reading all of this, I have a 5 month old veiled as well, but she is a female and a bit smaller. I thought her cage size was adequate, it was around the same size as yours. But I was having the same problem as you mentioned when you said “he likes being held”, like the others who have commented said, he probably is unhappy with something in the cage. Mine was screen climbing and would always come to the front when I walked over, and I realized the size was much to small. It may seem big enough right now but he will grow out of it in no time, and it’s better to upgrade sooner than later! (Once I got the 4ft by 2ft enclosure she is much more happy and moves around a lot more now.)
Recommendations where to find a reasonable price?

They did a fecal and no blood work or xray. The vet examined him and said he was healthy but he needs a higher humidity and more vitamins in the insects like roaches. And that since I got him from the pet store 2 weeks ago that there shouldn’t be any reason he is sick.
I know your feeling relaxed because the vet said he was fine. I don't want to be the one that sits and harps on the issues of husbandry. But I also don't want your cham to decline further. I really hope you take all the feedback that was given to you. He is in desperate need of the correct UVB lighting and supplementation to stop the progress of the MBD that he is clearly showing in his casque before it causes deformities in his limbs.

I am not sure how much experience your vet actually has with chameleons. But your cham is not perfectly healthy. With changes he can improve before he gets worse.

Again I don't want to come off rude and I hope you understand that the only thing I want for your cham is the environment it needs to thrive.

Please do not lean into what the vet told you.

Veileds do not need a daytime high humidity. It should be 30-40% and that is it.

I know your getting info from others outside of this forum and you are taking their word for it. But please please trust us. We know what we are doing. We are experienced keepers and are trying to gift you with our feedback so your chameleon thrives.

link for an enclosure https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage

I know your feeling relaxed because the vet said he was fine. I don't want to be the one that sits and harps on the issues of husbandry. But I also don't want your cham to decline further. I really hope you take all the feedback that was given to you. He is in desperate need of the correct UVB lighting and supplementation to stop the progress of the MBD that he is clearly showing in his casque before it causes deformities in his limbs.

I am not sure how much experience your vet actually has with chameleons. But your cham is not perfectly healthy. With changes he can improve before he gets worse.

Again I don't want to come off rude and I hope you understand that the only thing I want for your cham is the environment it needs to thrive.

Please do not lean into what the vet told you.

Veileds do not need a daytime high humidity. It should be 30-40% and that is it.

I know your getting info from others outside of this forum and you are taking their word for it. But please please trust us. We know what we are doing. We are experienced keepers and are trying to gift you with our feedback so your chameleon thrives.

link for an enclosure https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
Thank you so much for your expertise! And yes I have taken all advise into account and will be upgrading my uvb, adding more variety of insects, getting a bigger enclosure and watching the humidity levels. I really appreciate the advise and gladly take it for Pascals well being:)

Back
Top Bottom