Veiled Chameleon Lump?

Evie091

Your Chameleon - Female, Yemen Chameleon, 6-8 months from what I have been told. She has been with me for a just over two months.
Handling - She comes out for handling most days and seems comfortable and calm.
Feeding - I am feeding her crickets, and waxworms as a treat. I feed her 5 crickets every other day. I feed her in the morning but sometimes the crickets jump out of the pot and she just finds them throughout the day. I am giving Them a mix of kale, squash, carrots, cucumber, apple, watercress etc. I put arcadia insect fuel on the food and bug gel.
Supplements - I am using EarthPro A on most feedings and will alternate between calcium mg and revitalize d3 every week.
Watering - I mist her enclosure about 2 or 3 times a day. I sometimes see her drinking after misting but I dont see her drinking of the leaves much.
Fecal Description - Feces seems usuall and so does urate but it did seem slightly runnyer(?) this morning. I don't think she has been tested for parasites.
History - I don't really know any of her history.
Cage Info:

Cage Type - Mesh enclosure 61 x 61 x 122 cm (24" x 24" x 48")
Lighting - exo terra 100 w basking bulb controlled by a habistat dimming thermometer and arcadia prot5 uvb, 24W, 12% UVB. I turn her lights on around 8:45 am and turn them off around 8:45 pm.
Temperature - basking is at 28 and the rest of the enclosure is around 24 degrees.
Humidity - Humidity is usually from 40% to 60%. I use two digital hygrometer to measure it.
Plants - I have live plants including pothos, dracenea, schleffera and lemon grass (can't remember the Latin name). There are also some fake plants in there, purely for cover purposes as the plants haven't grown in properly yet
Placement - The enclosure is in my bedroom, there are no fans, air vents and it isn't a high traffic area. The top of the enclosure is 194 cm from the floor.
Location - I live in the UK.

So I noticed a lump basically on her chest, just back from her arms but still kind of on her tummy. I felt it and I feels kind of hard. Please let me know if you know what it is, I am really worried. I do have a lay bin in the enclosure for when she lays eggs. (also sorry for the bad picture if I opened the door she would have moved)
IMG_20210209_162817.jpg
IMG_20210209_160329.jpg

-How long do you mist for, and what times of day do you mist?
-Her basking spot needs to be 25.5-26.6*C max (measured with a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where her casque/top of her back is when she’s on her basking branch). What are her nighttime temps?
-Her humidity needs to be between 30-50% during the day and can go up to 100% at night.
-Take her to an experienced chameleon vet for her lump.
-Do you want any helpful links and/or care images attached?

I usually mist morning and early afternoon, sometimes late evening if the humidity drops to much. I think her nighttime temps are usually just under 20 c.

I usually mist morning and early afternoon, sometimes late evening if the humidity drops to much. I think her nighttime temps are usually just under 20 c.
That is the max highest temp for at night, so if can go any lower, it’d be great! How long do you mist for each time?

Okay, I always worry though because when I mist for to much longer whee humidity increases way to much for the normal levels.
If it skyrockets while and right after you mist, it‘s fine! The problem would be if it stayed at those levels. Try to only mist two times a day for her daytime mistings, in the morning and at night, when the cage is cooler if her humidity allows it (I think it will). Also, your cage is gorgeous! The only thing I’d change is taking out the substrate in the bottom. It is an impaction risk, and since it probably isn’t bioactive (which I don’t think it is), there is no need for it.

If it skyrockets while and right after you mist, it‘s fine! The problem would be if it stayed at those levels. Try to only mist two times a day for her daytime mistings, in the morning and at night, when the cage is cooler if her humidity allows it (I think it will). Also, your cage is gorgeous! The only thing I’d change is taking out the substrate in the bottom. It is an impaction risk, and since it probably isn’t bioactive (which I don’t think it is), there is no need for it.
Okay thank you for the clarification! I'll look to see if there is a vet in my area for her.

Back
Top Bottom