Veiled Chameleon Help

Sorry to hear that she's not doing well. Maybe it would be better to have the vet put her down now so she's not suffering anymore.

Some people don't know that if you don't leave a gravid female alone completely out of sight to lay their eggs they get egg bound and die, THAT EASY!!

Some people don't know that if you don't leave a gravid female alone completely out of sight to lay their eggs they get egg bound and die, THAT EASY!!

She is out of sight all day, for close until itsa night time and I need to sleep and even then a blanket is covering her cage top to bottom.

@kinyonga
received_613070359550215.jpeg

I don't see anything wrong on the gulag pouch area. (I see the little dark marks I think you're talking about though.)
I'm still finding it odd that she can suck her tummy in so flat and yet look like she's full of eggs. To get an answer to what's up she needs to see a good exotics vet..which isn't easy right now.

@kinyonga You can kinda see the dots lining her tummy (going down to her underside) they're brighter when she goes really dark.

Attachments

• 20200421_191244.jpg
    20200421_191244.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 74
Sorry to but in, but I’ve noticed a few things.
You don’t seem to have the correct uvb light. You need a linear (long) T5 ho fixture with a 5% uvb bulb. The coil type don’t provide adequate uvb levels. Without adequate uvb and no/inadequate D3 supplementation, she can’t convert the calcium to useable form.
You say she always has a gasp/whistle and won’t drink on her own so you have to hand water her. How exactly are you doing that? If you’re putting water into her mouth, it’s possible you are causing aspiration into her lungs. Their trachea is in the front of their mouth. Will attach pic if I can find it. Some chams are very secretive when they drink. I am yet to see either of mine drink and they won’t if I’m looking at them.
While I don’t see any egg bulges, even when she has her tummy flat, I do see that she looks overweight. I’m not going by her belly size, but her arms and legs. They are really too plump.

The red arrow is the trachea, which goes to the lungs. The blue is esophagus.
4B0C02C1-AD7F-4223-BA9A-973EDB19D1FB.jpeg

Sorry to but in, but I’ve noticed a few things.
You don’t seem to have the correct uvb light. You need a linear (long) T5 ho fixture with a 5% uvb bulb. The coil type don’t provide adequate uvb levels. Without adequate uvb and no/inadequate D3 supplementation, she can’t convert the calcium to useable form.
You say she always has a gasp/whistle and won’t drink on her own so you have to hand water her. How exactly are you doing that? If you’re putting water into her mouth, it’s possible you are causing aspiration into her lungs. Their trachea is in the front of their mouth. Will attach pic if I can find it. Some chams are very secretive when they drink. I am yet to see either of mine drink and they won’t if I’m looking at them.
While I don’t see any egg bulges, even when she has her tummy flat, I do see that she looks overweight. I’m not going by her belly size, but her arms and legs. They are really too plump.

The red arrow is the trachea, which goes to the lungs. The blue is esophagus.

If I wait long enough I can get her to drink from my spray bottle or syringe. Or I will put a small drop on the side of her mouth and she'll slightly open her mouth like shes trying to sneak it. I've been giving her water like this since she was 4 months old, I dont think I'm causing aspiration, I'm very careful. The gasping/whistling is egg related, she started when she had two clutches in her.
She has egg bulges, I can see at least two eggs at her back legs when she just lays there or is walking around.
Yes I know her arms and legs are quiet big, I've been told she's big boned, and her legs have looked like this since she was 6 months old (I think). When she doesn't have eggs in her they go down, I know this because her arms/legs were slightly big for her first clutch but after released she slightly started to slim down but then the second clutch that was already started made them big again. I'm thinking this clutch is quiet big as I've never seen her this big and I'm not overfeeding.

Thank you for the help! : )

@kinyonga is the best person to help regarding eggs...and just about everything else! :)
The only way to tell for sure what may be going on with eggs would be an X-ray.
Do make sure to get a T5HO with 5% uvb if you haven’t already...is super important.
Hoping everything works out well for your cham.

Back
Top Bottom