veiled chameleon hanging up on uvb

sa2rdae

is it normal, the cham hanging up on uvb after he eat breakfast?

bio
type: veiled cham
trans: normal
sex: male
feed: cricket
supplement: full repashy

IMG_2269.jpeg

He probably isn’t getting enough UVB. The preferred type of UVB bulb is a T5 High Output linear fixture, at least as long as the length of the cage, with either an Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 linear UVB bulb of the matching size in it. If you want to, you can fill out the ask for help form for us to check over everything to make sure it’s all at 100%. Just make sure to use as detail as possible and include more pics of him, his entire enclosure, and his lights.

okay, thanks for the advice.. I will upgrade for the uvb.. honestly im not used a basking light, only natural sunlight

cage size: 40cmx40cmx70cm
misting freq: every 2h/10
humid: -+40%
C060AE6D-9101-4BE4-B121-959EE4EB3464.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

Do you have either type of Solarmeter to measure how much UVB/UVI gets into his cage? He does need more plants, branches, and vines in his cage, too. What's your supplement schedule?

Do you have either type of Solarmeter to measure how much UVB/UVI gets into his cage? He does need more plants, branches, and vines in his cage, too. What's your supplement schedule?
I dont have solarmeter, only have uv sensor card..
supplement schedule: everyday used supercal Nod & superpig

Since he's outside, he shouldn't need a UVB bulb. What's his cage temps? It could also be as simple as filling in his cage. SuperPig isn't needed, do you have a multivitamin without D3?

Since he's outside, he shouldn't need a UVB bulb. What's his cage temps? It could also be as simple as filling in his cage. SuperPig isn't needed, do you have a multivitamin without D3?
I only have this supercal nod(used everyday) & calcium plus lod (once a week)
the temperature: 80-86F
IMG_2273.jpeg

Since he’s outside, you don’t need D3 in your supplements. Zoo Med Reptivite Without D3 is a great multivitamin without D3 option. You’ll use it once every two weeks with the SuperCal NoD at all other feedings. What’s the UV sensor card say? Sorry for all of the questions, one more, is the sunlight blocked in any way, like windows or something? Here’s a great plant list (only use the veiled-tested ones, and clean them off beforehand), along with two great cage set-up links for inspiration:

If you want to fill out the ask for help form but can’t find it, let us know and someone will post it for you!

Sorry, a few more things: how long is each misting session? Also, eventually he’ll need a bigger enclosure, minimal size being 60 cm x 60 cm x 120 cm, but preferably 120 cm x 60 cm x 120 cm or bigger (bigger is always better). Is there any way to raise his cage up off the ground? He could be trying to get higher, where he’ll feel safer.

My veiled did the same thing. All I had was the uvb light because I took him outside most days. But as soon as I put in a 60 watt basking bulb he stopped. Not saying ErkleRose isn't correct in whats being said. Just saying take it into consideration. But definitely follow up with ErkleRose

10 second each misting session... hmm I will think about it to upgrade the cage, If I used flexarium 100 gallon for the cage is it okay? and the sun is blocked by the window...

Just a quick question? What area are you living? Does it get pretty cold outside? And that cage in the pic I see is on the floor. Maybe raise the cage a little higher. What do you think Erkle?

10 second each misting session... hmm I will think about it to upgrade the cage, If I used flexarium 100 gallon for the cage is it okay? and the sun is blocked by the window...
Could you bump it up to 2-5+ long misting sessions? It’ll help him get enough to drink, then he also won’t need to be misted every 2 hours. The Flexarium 100 gallon isn’t deep enough. Your cage is awesome, if you can expand or build a bigger one, that’ll be perfect! Since the sun is blocked by the window, you’ll need to get the T5 HO linear UVB bulb and fixture ASAP. He’s trying to get more UVB
Just a quick question? What area are you living? Does it get pretty cold outside? And that cage in the pic I see is on the floor. Maybe raise the cage a little higher. What do you think Erkle?
Yup
I live in indonesia🇮🇩😇
the temperature arround 80-86F
hmm raise the cage about 10cm?
Could you do 80-90 cm? The higher he is, the safer he’ll feel.

Could you bump it up to 2-5+ long misting sessions? It’ll help him get enough to drink, then he also won’t need to be misted every 2 hours. The Flexarium 100 gallon isn’t deep enough. Your cage is awesome, if you can expand or build a bigger one, that’ll be perfect! Since the sun is blocked by the window, you’ll need to get the T5 HO linear UVB bulb and fixture ASAP. He’s trying to get more UVB

Yup

Could you do 80-90 cm? The higher he is, the safer he’ll fell
thank you for the advice🙇‍♂️ for now I will fixed on the lamp

Once you get the UVB bulb, the distance from it to your chameleon’s basking branch will depend on the screen you used. If it’s the same screen used on commercially available cages, you’ll want that distance to be 8-9 inches (20-22 cm)

Back
Top Bottom