Veiled Chameleon Eggs

Jheremy

Hello, I’m new, I have a vailed chameleon and she has been laying eggs the last 2 months,she laid 1 egg about 2 weeks ago and she hasn’t layed any more, and I’m starting to get worried that she could be Egg bound
¡Please help!
This is what I did I couldn't afford the 700$ just to look at her just to tell me, I assume in big Dr words pregnant blaw blah gonna take big $ to eaven think about it, or to use morals or a heart. and i did not want to surrender my animal because I love her so ..... I used this concoction, to get these results mind you at this point she was very sick before I even tried this I was worried about her being dead anyway without my intervention I came to this conclusion due to her not being able to climb eat drink climb she was 'dragging herself around' best discription everywhere. What is shown in the fluker's dripper is demonstrating the approximate amount used alltogether when all these things are mixed.... so a quarter of a dripper that that rose oil you get at GNC markets it took two days of labor but she pushed them out as you can see good luck I hope you have the same results I got with karma

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_011517672.jpg
    IMG_20210716_011517672.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210716_035632569~2.jpg
    IMG_20210716_035632569~2.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210716_040420980.jpg
    IMG_20210716_040420980.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 97
Oh ya and the pale and the flattening contractions and altogether unhappy baby happened with karma too don't freak out just provide a dripper and let her have privacy though not Dr I just asked my wife what to avoid when preg as not to prestart labor and checked that the oil wasn't poisonous to them and proceeded with all's I could do and hoped for the best

This is what I did I couldn't afford the 700$ just to look at her just to tell me, I assume in big Dr words pregnant blaw blah gonna take big $ to eaven think about it, or to use morals or a heart. and i did not want to surrender my animal because I love her so ..... I used this concoction, to get these results mind you at this point she was very sick before I even tried this I was worried about her being dead anyway without my intervention I came to this conclusion due to her not being able to climb eat drink climb she was 'dragging herself around' best discription everywhere. What is shown in the fluker's dripper is demonstrating the approximate amount used alltogether when all these things are mixed.... so a quarter of a dripper that that rose oil you get at GNC markets it took two days of labor but she pushed them out as you can see good luck I hope you have the same results I got with karma

Oh ya and the pale and the flattening contractions and altogether unhappy baby happened with karma too don't freak out just provide a dripper and let her have privacy though not Dr I just asked my wife what to avoid when preg as not to prestart labor and checked that the oil wasn't poisonous to them and proceeded with all's I could do and hoped for the best
Please be very cautious what you recommend others do that was not recommended by a Vet. The liquid vitamin actually has Vitamin A and D3. Both of these can overdose chameleons. This is something that is recommended for use when dusting feeders only 2 times a month. They are fat soluble and store in the body. And overdose of these can make a chameleon even sicker and even kill it. This one in particular has 913,240 IU of Vitamin A when the one of the most common supplements Repashy Calcium plus LoD only has 80,000 IU.

I am glad that it worked for you but I would hate for you to recommend something that could harm or kill someone else's chameleon.

Can you please post photos of your chameleon now?
How old is she?
So she just dropped the eggs in a pile?
Is this her first time laying eggs?

BTW...if she had trouble this time unless you correct the reasons for it she may have more trouble the next time.

Last edited:
This is what I did I couldn't afford the 700$ just to look at her just to tell me, I assume in big Dr words pregnant blaw blah gonna take big $ to eaven think about it, or to use morals or a heart. and i did not want to surrender my animal because I love her so ..... I used this concoction, to get these results mind you at this point she was very sick before I even tried this I was worried about her being dead anyway without my intervention I came to this conclusion due to her not being able to climb eat drink climb she was 'dragging herself around' best discription everywhere. What is shown in the fluker's dripper is demonstrating the approximate amount used alltogether when all these things are mixed.... so a quarter of a dripper that that rose oil you get at GNC markets it took two days of labor but she pushed them out as you can see good luck I hope you have the same results I got wit
Please be very cautious what you recommend others do that was not recommended by a Vet. The liquid vitamin actually has Vitamin A and D3. Both of these can overdose chameleons. This is something that is recommended for use when dusting feeders only 2 times a month. They are fat soluble and store in the body. And overdose of these can make a chameleon even sicker and even kill it. This one in particular has 913,240 IU of Vitamin A when the one of the most common supplements Repashy Calcium plus LoD only has 80,000 IU.

I am glad that it worked for you but I would hate for you to recommend something that could harm or kill someone else's chameleon.
You must be a vet. I never told anybody to do this eaven stated I'm no dr. I only stated what I did the results and if you did it good luck and how she acted after the dose all of this wouldn't have been necessary if I could actually get help from a professional without a paycheck being the first matter at hand I wouldn't have had to do my own research and do this. but since a paycheck for using their head and remembering what they read in a book plus the extremely overpriced discount medical supplies is more important than an animal's life to a vet. I did all I could on my own I can't believe 10 CC's oxytocin cost $800 freaking dollars after the $700 exotic pet vet to see my animal so yeah I did what I could and unlike the professional veterinarians if this will help save your animal's life for free. I want that before I ever want recognition or money neither will last as long as the love we people have for our pets

Dude vets don’t just ask for a pay check to say stuff they learn in a book. They take four freakin years of college and use that to save animals and yes some are bad but most aren’t. They are expensive because it’s a serious occupation and it’s hard. Also don’t get offended that kingyoga said not to recommend stuff that you don’t know bout. She said that bc you don’t know what it’s actually made of. Stop putting a generatzation on vets also that medicine Is 800$ bc it takes knowledge and a lot of work to make it.

How old is she?

BTW...if she had trouble this time unless you correct the reasons for it she may have more trouble the next time.
I will post pics of her for you she is 5 1/2 months old I now know due to clutch size and egg condition to turn down the heat, less cricket and other insects and add more calcium to her diet as the chameleon self-help sites suggested this is just one of those things that, because every chameleon is different, you don't know until you see the results and yes even though I had to help her dig her hole in the embankment of substrate there, she laid them outside the hole and pushed them in I found her the next morning on top of the few eggs that remained outside I had to help her up to the basking light and gave her a small dose of liquid calcium and plenty of water. mbd due to this batch is causing her issues and I am working on that ..... suggestions for recovering her lost strength and bone density?

They don’t want regonkztiom and money the want to support their families and pay off college debt and live a good life. May I ask where or what ur occupation is. Because this agurememt can go for any occupation… say someone hates sales people bc their annoying and only want to sell their items welllll that’s their freakin job and it usually doesn’t require much college so it doesn’t pay as much as a vet which requires 4 years of collge

Dude vets don’t just ask for a pay check to say stuff they learn in a book. They take four freakin years of college and use that to save animals and yes some are bad but most aren’t. They are expensive because it’s a serious occupation and it’s hard. Also don’t get offended that said not to recommend stuff that you don’t know bout. She said that bc you don’t know what it’s actually made of. Stop putting a generatzation on vets also that medicine Is 800$ bc it takes knowledge and a lot of work to make it.
That's not what I experienced or saw but you're right not all vets are the same and I am just so disgusted with their so-called help to me of basically you're poor I won't help you go bury that thing and I do apologize to beman it's not his bad he's trying to keep these wonderful Little critters healthy and happy and alive. I guess we're both just so determined on the matter in different ways neither of us wants any ones animal to do that to die due to lack of intelligence or care

Last edited:
That's not what I experienced or saw but you're right not all vets are the same and I am just so disgusted with their so-called help to me of basically you're poor I won't help you go bury that thing and I do apologize to kingyoga it's not his bad he's trying to keep these wonderful Little critters healthy and happy and alive. I guess we're both just so determined on the matter in different ways

Sorry bout that jhermey just had to rant for a sec in that guy
You are all good I understand that we all just want the best for our animals in the end I'm just so disappointed in the help that I didn't receive and I shouldn't take it out on other people and you are right

That's not what I experienced or saw but you're right not all vets are the same and I am just so disgusted with their so-called help to me of basically you're poor I won't help you go bury that thing and I do apologize to kingyoga it's not his bad he's trying to keep these wonderful Little critters healthy and happy and alive. I guess we're both just so determined on the matter in different ways neither of us wants any ones animal to do that to die due to lack of intelligence or care
You are all good I understand that we all just want the best for our animals in the end I'm just so disappointed in the help that I didn't receive and I shouldn't take it out on other people and you are right
Oh I wasn’t talking to you but it’s fine.

How old is she?

47 softshell rubberyish eggs means less heat more calcium less bugs am I wrong?

Oh I wasn’t talking to you but it’s fine.
My original post was in response to Beman and you were right I didn't need to be that way he sounded like a vet and I'm hella pissed at the ones here in Springfield Oregon but need to watch my tude

You said..."I will post pics of her for you"... Can you post a couple of photos of her from before she laid the eggs too please? How many eggs did she lay.

You said... "she is 5 1/2 months old I now know due to clutch size and egg condition to turn down the heat, less cricket and other insects and add more calcium to her diet as the chameleon self-help sites suggested this is just one of those things that, because every chameleon is different, you don't know until you see the results and yes even though I had to help her dig her hole in the embankment of substrate there, she laid them outside the hole and pushed them in I found her the next morning on top of the few eggs that remained outside I had to help her up to the basking light and gave her a small dose of liquid calcium and plenty of water. mbd due to this batch is causing her issues and I am working on that ..... suggestions for recovering her lost strength and bone density?"... The usual approach to correcting MBD is to give her extra calcium in liquid form along with the usual regime of supplement and proper UVB until the bones are back to normal strength. At that point you stop the liquid calcium and continue the regular regime of supplements and UVB. All insects should be well fed/gutloaded when correcting the MBD and always thereafter.
To stop the MBD from returning it's important to have the husbandry right and to help decrease the number of eggs laid or even stop the reproduction altogether it's important to keep her on the low number of insects and basking temperature at 80F.
Veileds that are fed too much produce large clutches and develop MBD, follicular stasis, eggbinding and often prolapse as well...and die...so diet/care is important.

You said..."I will post pics of her for you"... Can you post a couple of photos of her from before she laid the eggs too please? How many eggs did she lay.

You said... "she is 5 1/2 months old I now know due to clutch size and egg condition to turn down the heat, less cricket and other insects and add more calcium to her diet as the chameleon self-help sites suggested this is just one of those things that, because every chameleon is different, you don't know until you see the results and yes even though I had to help her dig her hole in the embankment of substrate there, she laid them outside the hole and pushed them in I found her the next morning on top of the few eggs that remained outside I had to help her up to the basking light and gave her a small dose of liquid calcium and plenty of water. mbd due to this batch is causing her issues and I am working on that ..... suggestions for recovering her lost strength and bone density?"... The usual approach to correcting MBD is to give her extra calcium in liquid form along with the usual regime of supplement and proper UVB until the bones are back to normal strength. At that point you stop the liquid calcium and continue the regular regime of supplements and UVB. All insects should be well fed/gutloaded when correcting the MBD and always thereafter.
To stop the MBD from returning it's important to have the husbandry right and to help decrease the number of eggs laid or even stop the reproduction altogether it's important to keep her on the low number of insects and basking temperature at 80F.
Veileds that are fed too much produce large clutches and develop MBD, follicular stasis, eggbinding and often prolapse as well...and die...so diet/care is important.

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_114150872.jpg
    IMG_20210515_114150872.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 82
47 softshell rubberyish eggs means less heat more calcium less bugs am I wrong?
That is too many eggs...so the diet and temperatures are very important. The phos free calcium should be dusted on the insects at every feeding but one a week...and there should only be two or three feedings a week. The feeding each week where the calcium is not used, the insects should be dusted with phos free calcium/D3 lightly alternating with a vitamin powder containing a prEformed source of vitamin A lightly.

Unfortunately since she had trouble this time, she will likely have trouble next time too....

I came off looking like a dick but I haven't been sleeping well if at all worried about my animal for almost a week now and what the best for her so baddy the crazy part is I didn't buy her I received the chameleon as just a lizard in a tiny tank for my birthday but fell in love with this little animal and don't want to imagine my life without her several times it's been her crickets instead of my dinner and I spent my entire stimulus on her needs over my own she means the world to me

Back
Top Bottom