Veiled chameleon eating plants

Ethanwest

ive have heard about people's chameleons eating there plant from time to time but mine loves to much one it everyday she eats maybe a leaf or two a day is this normal it's a pothos
I just got it to start growing a lot and she munches the leafs off

Female veileds will strip a little bare for some reason. Offering her other options (kale, collards, thin slices of squash or zucchini or red pepper, once in a while a thin slice of pear or apple) may help...but I bet she will still eat the pothos.

My male veiled cham munches on his pothos plant a lot. It's pretty funny. But I tried giving him veggies. He just won't eat them. But it's normal for a veiled to do that

My male loves escarole and his pothos. I usually hang fresh greens throughout his cage for him to munch on so I can try to save the pothos.

My Veiled has killed small Shefferellas from eating them. He would go through and eat every leaf off in a matter of days. He has tried eating his pothos but really doesn't touch it.

My girl ate a small hibiscus totally bare in 2 days! They seem to be less fond of the pothos, but they still snack on it pretty frequently. Offering veggies like mentioned is definitely the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom