Veiled Chameleon colour

AleksR

hey everyone. So I have a 2.5 month old male veiled chameleon. When he was younger he was light green, but quickly as he grew he turned more brown/orange with with some green. I went to a vet about 2 weeks ago and they said he’s healthy, lighting was right and temperature, but they weren’t too sure why else he would be brown and orange. I’m just curious to see if anyone else has a suggestion. He’s in a 4x2x2 cage with only live plants, he eats well and moves around a lot. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• A39C5459-A044-4593-A8D4-4F931F93FA73.jpeg
    A39C5459-A044-4593-A8D4-4F931F93FA73.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 5C423660-405F-422C-97F0-44D91A556758.jpeg
    5C423660-405F-422C-97F0-44D91A556758.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 81
He looks like he's trying to bask. Other than that, he looks normal to me. I would check to see if his basking spot is at optimal temperatures as veiled will turn a dark brown to soak up heat to help aid with digestion. You can also check him at night and see if he turns a bright lime green color, since they usually turn their brightest when they're sleep.

He looks like he's trying to bask. Other than that, he looks normal to me. I would check to see if his basking spot is at optimal temperatures as veiled will turn a dark brown to soak up heat to help aid with digestion. You can also check him at night and see if he turns a bright lime green color, since they usually turn their brightest when they're sleep.
Thank for the reply. At night he turns green and his basking spot is usually around 80-83 degrees. He goes under there most of the time but getting warmer doesn’t seem to change his colours. Maybe it’s just how he is?

Lol you just have a brown veiled (sounds like he just wants to bask and soak up some heat) maybe it is colder in your room (ambient temp). You might try a basking temp in the 85-90 degree range if he seems to hang out under the basking bulb a lot throughout the day.

Lol you just have a brown veiled (sounds like he just wants to bask and soak up some heat) maybe it is colder in your room (ambient temp). You might try a basking temp in the 85-90 degree range if he seems to hang out under the basking bulb a lot throughout the day.
Ya I’ll just try to make it hotter and maybe he will be green. Maybe I do just have a brown chameleon lol. Thank you

He'll turn green when he is ready, or after a shed lol. If he is consistently a light green it is too hot in both the basking spot and the ambient temp in your room. Should be 70-80 degrees in the room and the rest of the cage, and 85-90 in the basking spot. Enjoy your veiled! If you move on to another species you'll love watching panther's grow up and gain their colors.

He'll turn green when he is ready, or after a shed lol. If he is consistently a light green it is too hot in both the basking spot and the ambient temp in your room. Should be 70-80 degrees in the room and the rest of the cage, and 85-90 in the basking spot. Enjoy your veiled! If you move on to another species you'll love watching panther's grow up and gain their colors.
I’ll keep you updated on how he does. Thanks a lot. Panther chameleons are very cool. Interesting is those guys for sure.

There should be no need to have a hotter basking area...if your thermometer is right.
You want to be a sure to test it to see if it's hot enough to burn him if you do increase it.
[/QUOTE
i will be checking the top of cage to see if it’s not too hot. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom