Veiled Chameleon always wants out of his cage

Hyperpower

Urgeant!

Nothing has really changed from when I first got him back in march. He had a great appetite and now he rarely eats and always wants out. He always poops at his basking spot too.He doesn't seem as strong as he was and i'm just really worried about him.
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Not totally sure about his age, about 10 months old.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Rarely
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? crickets/mealworms/hornworms What amount?around 15 crickets daily/rarely mealworms/rarely hornworms What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? carrots
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? repti calcium with d3 every two weeks. regular repti calcium zoo med brand
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use?dripper How often and how long to you mist? at least once a day Do you see your chameleon drinking? rarely
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? white but as of today, orange.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screen 2x2x4.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?i forget the brand forget the brand What is your daily lighting schedule? 11-11
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp?62f? How do you measure these temps? probe
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?15-20% long after spraying How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? probe
Placement - Where is your cage located? basement bedroom Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located? ontario

Attachments

• 20131114_114928.jpg
    20131114_114928.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20131111_213621.jpg
    20131111_213621.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 20131111_213605.jpg
    20131111_213605.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 208
I'm having the same issue with my male veiled. We have been hand feeding him to see how much he has been eating, and it's anywhere from a superworm to a few crickets and a superworm. He brightens up and comes to the front of his enclosure when he sees someone walking toward him and will sometimes run onto your arm rather than eat what you have in your hand.

From what I've read on here so far, I think your humidity needs to be higher and mist more often than once.
I'm sure someone with bit more experience will answer in more detail.
Kath.

Back
Top Bottom