Veiled chameleon age

Frigga

Established Member
So I know this very general because of course all chameleons grow at different rates, but after looking at so many pictures of all your different chameleons around the same age I feel like they they much larger and.more colorful then my Loki. I was guessing he was around 6 months.
(I got him from petsmart, so of course they didn't know anything about him, he was there for around 2-3 months, part of the reason I wanted to take him home so bad was to give a better life and the proper care that he wasn't receiving there)
How old do you think he is?
Do you think he's going to get more colors as he gets older?
Input? Ideas?
He's got a vet appointment next week but I'd just like your ideas on it :love: thanks

Attachments

• 20160623_205908.jpg
    20160623_205908.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 20160626_170129.jpg
    20160626_170129.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 152
I think they get most of theirs around3-4 months and if he was there another 2-3, 7 months at least sounds and looks about right I think. How long have you had him now? Does he eat and urate regularly? Has he shed since you've had him?

He seems too small for 7 months. I'd guess like 3-4. However given your description that can't be right. What ever age he is, he's really small. My chams 7 months and way larger, and he's small for his age. The photo of him in my hand is over a month old.

Attachments

• 20160628_235932.jpg
    20160628_235932.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 102
  • 20160429_213227.jpg
    20160429_213227.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 95
I think they get most of theirs around3-4 months and if he was there another 2-3, 7 months at least sounds and looks about right I think. How long have you had him now? Does he eat and urate regularly? Has he shed since you've had him?
He is regular daily, his urate were a little orange-ish early this week but after some extra care to make sure he's actually drinking water by getting a few drops on his face a couple times a day they are back to white now. Currently eating about 10-12 crickets a day. I've only had him 1 week now so no shed yet.

Last edited:
He seems too small for 7 months. I'd guess like 3-4. However given your description that can't be right. What ever age he is, he's really small. My chams 7 months and way larger, and he's small for his age. The photo of him in my hand is over a month old.
Yes he is much smaller then yours, I could be wrong on how long he was at petsmart, but I know he was there at least more then a month. Hopefully with the right care (and lots of love) he'll start growing fast :)
Picture I took today

Attachments

• 20160630_163925.jpg
    20160630_163925.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 178
Yes he is much smaller then yours, I could be wrong on how long he was at petsmart, but I know he was there at least more then a month. Hopefully with the right care (and lots of love) he'll start growing fast :)
Picture I took today
He's very pretty. I'm sure he'll do great! You have the right mindset and it sounds like he's finally in good hands :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input everyone ;) I think based on his size around 4 months makes a little more sense. He really has a great personality and is very friendly. Every time I open his cage to feed him or clean up he's reaching for me and practically jumping into my hands. I know as he matures that might change, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can :love:

Back
Top Bottom