Veiled Cham

Yes I do care and that is why it's frustrating to only hear what I'm doing wrong.. I didn't set the tone respectively which sabotaged my own experience here. :rolleyes: I came to share my love for the little one and was not expecting to hear that I was not doing good for her. Simply from the moment I picked up the chameleon kit with two bulbs in it.. and thought it would be pleasant to spend time outside the mesh eating some lavender. Please know I value the information given and I wish I hadn't given the impression that I didnt.
I apologize if you think I came off in a way that upset you. I was @ my step daughters soccer game trying to help while my wife was yelling at me for being on the forums.... We all have a life. We all have chameleons. Some of us here (not me) even breed chameleons successfully. Me myself have never had to take either of my chameleon to the vet yet (knocks on wood) because I took the advice I was given and researching on this forum for months 2 days after I first purchased my first veiled chameleon. So I apologize if you feel I came off strong in my response.

@SmallToes It is regretful that you feel as though you are being belittled or attacked. You have a beautiful cham and sounded as though you care for her and her well-being. From your photos and inexperience (demonstrated by not knowing gender) I thought a husbandry review would be of great help to you in keeping your cham her healthiest. All too often people come here when it’s too late to save their chams and it’s heartbreaking for all. Please, no one is trying to attack you or make you feel badly. Differentiate between criticism and constructive criticism. Having a female who will lay eggs, having correct husbandry is more important than ever or you run the risk of serious complications. So please, let’s start over for your cham’s sake.

Yes would anyone else like to take a shot at my confidence while the anxiety is still fresh? Not understanding why there's no option to disable further comments here. I know what I must change now thank you.
Yes I do care and that is why it's frustrating to only hear what I'm doing wrong.. I didn't set the tone respectively which sabotaged my own experience here. :rolleyes: I came to share my love for the little one and was not expecting to hear that I was not doing good for her. Simply from the moment I picked up the chameleon kit with two bulbs in it.. and thought it would be pleasant to spend time outside the mesh eating some lavender. Please know I value the information given and I wish I hadn't given the impression that I didnt.

Ok I am going to go out on a limb here.... There are a handful of us that believe in giving thorough feedback. Now let me tell you why. One we have been exactly where you are. It is extremely frustrating to be in your shoes... I know this. When I came to the forum a year ago, I got half answers and people were less willing to share of their knowledge. Set aside your frustration or what you think you know and be open. As I said there is soooooo much wrong info out there.

So here is my olive branch because I do not want you feeling attacked. I also do not want you walking away with half information. While our tone may have caused you pause please understand our passion for these animals. People like me that started out with the chameleon kit tend to be a lil more on the jump to try to give new members a ton of info. So here is a thread I did some months ago for newbies that were coming to the forum.... I wanted to give an example of how we too come here with little to no knowledge. Give it a read and I do hope you will fill out the form in whole and give us the opportunity to help you. Again welcome to the forum.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/newbie-inspiration-and-hope-yes-you-can-do-this.169800/

I just wanted to know the sex so I knew what care regiment to use. I am not the best at expressing my situations nor did I come here to be grilled. Just cause I didn't specify the greens type doesn't mean I'm throwing in seasoned coleslaw. Just cause she eats a couple mealworms doesn't mean she's going to be fat. I appreciate the information provided and I apologise to open a can of worms...
Before I got my cham I did what I considered alot of research because I wanted to make sure things would go right. I spent alot of money on items that in my opinion were correct for the chams environment. After finding this forum I discovered there were things that I was doing right and many others that needed to be changed as far as husbandry goes. I would take the comments given by members as good constructive criticism and not as attacking you personality. I hate to see anyone end up with the expense of continued vet visits much less a very sick cham. Just saying the advice you recieve here on the forum comes from experienced members and is only designed to help you be successful in the proper care of your cham.

I came to share my love for the little one and was not expecting to hear that I was not doing good for her.
And we want you to be able to do that, we all feel the same way about our chams. However you will never get that opportunity if your Cham is sick all the time, so let’s tweak the few flaws in your husbandry so you can spend the next few years here with us bragging on your beautiful and HEALTHY Cham!

You seem to be pretty level headed, reasonable, and here for the right reasons.

Welcome to the forums.

:p(y)

All the ones around me have both t8, and this one. Apparently varies by area.

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_160921.jpg
    IMG_20190930_160921.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 162
I live in Colorados 3rd largest city that's not a suburb and they only carry those Zillas and T8 and coil bulbs at Petsmart and Petco. I have to order anything that involves T5 except my ZooMed hoods which I was able to grab from a local reptile shop. I just got replacement Arcadia 6%s 22" T5s from LLL for a pretty decent price.

I can make the upgrade in the coming week if it is of large benefit. PetSmart had them but at $38 PLUS the cheapest hood was 40 so I went to Petco and got this one for 40 and it included the bulb. I got flukers orange cubes and kale annnd grapes AAAND another fake plant to give her more privacy near the very top.

I can make the upgrade in the coming week if it is of large benefit. PetSmart had them but at $38 PLUS the cheapest hood was 40 so I went to Petco and got this one for 40 and it included the bulb. I got flukers orange cubes and kale annnd grapes AAAND another fake plant to give her more privacy near the very top.
Throw the orange cubes out, absolutely worthless.

Back
Top Bottom