Veiled Cham dark colors/hanging by the bottom of his cage.

charlie2022

Charlie has been shedding a lot recently, but I noticed that his colors have darkened and he's been hanging out in unusual spots of his cage. We lost AC from Hurricane Ian so I wasn't sure if it was because of the temperature change. His appetite has been normal. Eating isn't an issue, but I'm always worried about my little guy getting sick. During nighttime he seems to be normal (sleeping on his branch bright green), but when he wakes up he's been getting dull. I just fed him his favorite treat (super worm AKA his "French fries") to get him out of his cage and I examined him and I don't see anything abnormal. I could just be over thinking. Is the hiding in weird spots and dull colors normal??? I got him a little over a month ago at 3 months. So I'd say he's about 4 - 4 1/2 months.

He came out of his hiding spot and let me take a picture of him now. So this is him at the moment

Attachments

• tempImageezPhHh.png
    tempImageezPhHh.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Charlie has been shedding a lot recently, but I noticed that his colors have darkened and he's been hanging out in unusual spots of his cage. We lost AC from Hurricane Ian so I wasn't sure if it was because of the temperature change. His appetite has been normal. Eating isn't an issue, but I'm always worried about my little guy getting sick. During nighttime he seems to be normal (sleeping on his branch bright green), but when he wakes up he's been getting dull. I just fed him his favorite treat (super worm AKA his "French fries") to get him out of his cage and I examined him and I don't see anything abnormal. I could just be over thinking. Is the hiding in weird spots and dull colors normal??? I got him a little over a month ago at 3 months. So I'd say he's about 4 - 4 1/2 months.

He came out of his hiding spot and let me take a picture of him now. So this is him at the moment
So AC is still out? How hot is it in the cage? Were the lights out as well?

So AC is still out? How hot is it in the cage? Were the lights out as well?
lights did not go out, the cage is about 87. He also has been climbing and clinging on the front of the cage. Do you think it's too hot in there? The AC won't be fixed until Tuesday. Last night I shut his heat lamp off an hour early just incase.

lights did not go out, the cage is about 87. He also has been climbing and clinging on the front of the cage. Do you think it's too hot in there? The AC won't be fixed until Tuesday. Last night I shut his heat lamp off an hour early just incase.
It is too warm if your ambient is that hot. Kick off the heat lamp completely only leave the UVB light on. If you are running plant lights kick them off as well. Do this until the ac is fixed.

It is too warm if your ambient is that hot. Kick off the heat lamp completely only leave the UVB light on. If you are running plant lights kick them off as well. Do this until the ac is fixed.
Okay thank you so much!! Just shut off the heat lamp and kept my UVB on. Maybe he was looking for shade that's why he was hiding on the bottom? Do you think?

Okay thank you so much!! Just shut off the heat lamp and kept my UVB on. Maybe he was looking for shade that's why he was hiding on the bottom? Do you think?
Yeah the ambient temp towards the bottom of a cage is cooler in plants. So if they get too hot they will hide there to attempt to cool down.

Back
Top Bottom