Veiled Cham climbing screen

Selection

Anyone ever have this issue where you spend a ton of money making a killer set up for your little dude with all the humidity pockets, shaded areas, a nice bask zone and perches out the wazoo but your lil guy decides he wants to climb the screen instead?

Seriously he's done this to me his whole life now. Lol no matter what I do he climbs his screen instead of using perches or vines or bridges, ladders, everything.

He's about 7 months old now.
Does it get better? Lol

Probably not. My 15 month old, 290-gram panther boy sometimes still climbs up the walls. I lined the interior with plastic grid garden fencing, which is dirt cheap at a garden center (Lowes or Home Depot will have it) and a better gripping surface than the bare screen.

My 7 month old panther also does this, done the same as "ispeedonthe405" and got some garden fencing, easier for him to climb if he decides to.

Okay thanks, I appreciate it. I attached a pic just to show how my set up is. If you look closely I have Exo Terra vines that weave around plants for little "safe zones" when he doesn't want to be viewed. Maybe I need more vertical branches? But at this point it'd be such a pain to move stuff around, it's all zip tied and it all holds each other up. But I could slip the garden fencing through the sides no problem

Maybe he's just learning his territory or something?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 159
Okay thanks, I appreciate it. I attached a pic just to show how my set up is. If you look closely I have Exo Terra vines that weave around plants for little "safe zones" when he doesn't want to be viewed. Maybe I need more vertical branches? But at this point it'd be such a pain to move stuff around, it's all zip tied and it all holds each other up. But I could slip the garden fencing through the sides no problem

Maybe he's just learning his territory or something?

You might add more, especially vertical pathways. Find a lot of branches that are fairly thin and stuff them into the empty spaces from floor to ceiling. If I use plastic plants, I separate the stands and pull off several clumps to make it more of a vine and more usable. Not as pretty, though.

I'm at a loss here. I've added in so many branches and vines in and he doesn't even use them. Climbs from basking spot down the screen to the bottom of the cage, sits there, climbs back up the screen and basks again. He has so many zones he can go hide out to to regulate temps, he just doesn't use them. Hes drinking, eating plenty, all around very healthy. Just likes his screen more than any of the things I put in for him. Unfortunately I'm scheduled for so much overtime this week I can't make it to the hardware store to pick up the garden fencing and install it

Back
Top Bottom