Veiled Cham, broken legs?

Atomicor

Hi so I have a 8 month old Veiled Chameleon and it looks like she has 3 broken legs and broken ribs? I’ve been giving her all the calcium and vitamins, she needs, as well as, crickets, mealworms, horn worms and wax worms. I keep her humidity high and her cage in the 80s I spray down her cage with water 6 times a day and have her uvb bulb on until night. I heard sometimes Chameleons fall and can break things but her veil also looks a little wonky. She won’t leave the bottom of her cage either. Any advice? Should I take her to the vet, should I wait a little longer?

Attachments

• 96BFFB34-F91A-47E9-936F-FDC6B7FD0DE2.jpeg
    96BFFB34-F91A-47E9-936F-FDC6B7FD0DE2.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 2B6C3B47-C5D2-44A8-99B2-00B73FA1C406.jpeg
    2B6C3B47-C5D2-44A8-99B2-00B73FA1C406.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 902
Can you post pictures of her setup with the uvb bulb visible?? Please! also chameleons live in tree tops (forest canopy) not on flat ground, thats why they have double feet to grip branches

I know you said your on point with calcium and UVB but but her condition says otherwise. Not trying to tear you down but if you fill out the help form, specifically the supplements and light sections, we can help you work this out.

Your girl has severe MBD and is very gravid. With MBD this severe she is gaurenteed to become eggbound. Both of these conditions alone are lethal, but combined.... Her only hope is an exotic vet, preferably with Cham experience.

Where do you live? We can help you find one.

This hasn't happened overnight and I'm genuinely saddened to see those pictures.
It’s been happening about a week. She stopped eating for 1-2 days and stayed on the floor of her cage instead of on the branches. She’s eating her dusted worms and roaches now also. I’m bringing her to the vet this week, that’s the earliest they could get me in.

It’s been happening about a week. She stopped eating for 1-2 days and stayed on the floor of her cage instead of on the branches. She’s eating her dusted worms and roaches now also. I’m bringing her to the vet this week, that’s the earliest they could get me in.
It’s been going on for longer than a week for it to be this bad. Please fill out the ask for help form linked so we can help you and your cham

Hi so I have a 8 month old Veiled Chameleon and it looks like she has 3 broken legs and broken ribs? I’ve been giving her all the calcium and vitamins, she needs, as well as, crickets, mealworms, horn worms and wax worms. I keep her humidity high and her cage in the 80s I spray down her cage with water 6 times a day and have her uvb bulb on until night. I heard sometimes Chameleons fall and can break things but her veil also looks a little wonky. She won’t leave the bottom of her cage either. Any advice? Should I take her to the vet, should I wait a little longer?
Two possible reasons she’s on the bottom and won’t leave-
1- she fell and broke three legs so she is not physically capable of climbing
or
2- she is trying to lay her eggs but can’t because she is egg-bound and has no lay bin. Egg binding is lethal.

Even if they can find a vet and I doubt it with the holiday weekend she’s done for that’s to severe all they can do is learn from their mistakes at this point sux but it happens

Back
Top Bottom