Veiled Cham Breeder

Well it is for my teenage son and there is no way dad is letting us spend the money on a panther 🤣 So my son decided on a veiled. We definitely havent been rushing anything. He has been researching everything for 4 months now. And now that is all came together he wants to have a Cham finally in the cage. I just never realized it would be so hard to find one. Especially when petstores constantly have them. But even my son knows it's a BIG NO to buy from there.

I did not mean you were rushing through everything. I meant if he prefers a Panther wait. Because while I adore veileds, their personality or lack of it is not for everyone. And if they get super aggressive on you then it becomes quite hard to even feed them much less do anything near their cage.

I am sure yall will find the perfect baby for your son.

Last edited:
It’s kind of sad that there really aren’t any solid veiled breeders - other than Fram’s. They are either wild caught in Florida or bred in a reptile mill. I know it’s definitely not going to make anyone any money and it’s just kind of sad that quality is put second to cash.

It’s kind of sad that there really aren’t any solid veiled breeders - other than Fram’s. They are either wild caught in Florida or bred in a reptile mill. I know it’s definitely not going to make anyone any money and it’s just kind of sad that quality is put second to cash.
Yeah I never expected it to be this hard. And spending over $200 for a panther chameleon is out of my price range unfortunately. Especially when they are on sale at Petco for $35 and my husband sees them 🫣

Yeah I never expected it to be this hard. And spending over $200 for a panther chameleon is out of my price range unfortunately. Especially when they are on sale at Petco for $35 and my husband sees them 🫣
Where have you found a panther for $200?! They are usually around $400 to start from good breeders. All I’ll say is buyer beware. Those deals that are too good to be true, usually are. I would say to start a savings fund for a panther from a quality breeder. It would also be a great way to demonstrate to your son the value of work and money (assuming he’s like a preteen/teen?). I’m sure your hubby would be on board with a savings fund too and might even give your son ways to earn and add to it. ;)

No I just meant $200 is all he has to spend for shipping and all. He has spent all his other savings on the perfect and proper enclosure. He is also starting a dubia colony since we feed them to the cresties also. He works hard and usually saves his money. He has been researching and saving for 4 months and is just ready to find one now and its become impossible.

Just found our Frams is no longer breeding veiled. They are selling their females. 😢

Where have you found a panther for $200?! They are usually around $400 to start from good breeders. All I’ll say is buyer beware. Those deals that are too good to be true, usually are. I would say to start a savings fund for a panther from a quality breeder. It would also be a great way to demonstrate to your son the value of work and money (assuming he’s like a preteen/teen?). I’m sure your hubby would be on board with a savings fund too and might even give your son ways to earn and add to it. ;)
When you are looking for a chameleon don’t price shop. You will spend the same amount or more in vet appointments vs getting a healthy Cham from a breeder. Speaking from experience here.

@Camiezone possible great home for one of your male babies if you could work with them on price. This is the mom in the thread but it is her teen age son's set up and future cham. They have put a ton into the set up and really do not want to end up with an unhealthy veiled. The young man can not afford what normal male panthers cost due to what he has spent for the set up. Just wanted to tag you in case you wanted to talk to the mom and review set up. :)

@Camiezone possible great home for one of your male babies if you could work with them on price. This is the mom in the thread but it is her teen age son's set up and future cham. They have put a ton into the set up and really do not want to end up with an unhealthy veiled. The young man can not afford what normal male panthers cost due to what he has spent for the set up. Just wanted to tag you in case you wanted to talk to the mom and review set up. :)
Thank you so much for tagging her. I have been talking to him about just waiting longer and saving more. But he really doesn't want to (hard headed teen attitude) but I understand him completely. He is an absolutely amazing kid. He is more mature than I like some times 🤣 He has been working with his grandfather building houses after football practice to get to this point and I really think he doesn't want to go work in this heat anymore 🤣 but I am a parapro and his dad is a LT @ our county fire dept and we have 2 other kiddos so the extra money for this just isn't in our budget. As far as normal and annual vet visits and such I will help him handle the costs of that. But I never imagined it would be so hard for him. But then again he is learning about life 🤗

He is currently researching Jackson Chameleons since veiled are hard to find/aggressive and panthers are out of his current price range. So I guess I will start that research too.

He is currently researching Jackson Chameleons since veiled are hard to find/aggressive and panthers are out of his current price range. So I guess I will start that research too.
They can be a bit more difficult. I’m hoping the breeder I tagged will work with y’all. In this hobby finding good homes is really important when you put your all into raising them. So fingers crossed. I think a panther would be a really good fit for your son.

They can be a bit more difficult. I’m hoping the breeder I tagged will work with y’all. In this hobby finding good homes is really important when you put your all into raising them. So fingers crossed. I think a panther would be a really good fit for your son.
I watched the video by Chameleon Academy and read on their website and I don't think a Jackson is the way to go. I would love for him to get a Panther for the personality. But we will see what happens! Thank you so much for your help!

My very limited experience with panthers (just 2) has been absolutely awesome! While my veileds try to bite or run away, my panthers are cool and tolerant of me. My male was exceptional and used to run to come on my hand as soon as I opened his enclosure. My little girl isn’t that friendly, but close.

I would say if he wants to look at it like a goldfish, go with a veiled but if he wants to interact more often, saving the xtra for a panther is the best route. Tell him do chores, take back bottles, do laundry
(maybe he’ll find change). Continue working with grandpa. I’m rooting for your son. He sounds like a very responsible young man who deserves the panther. Fingers crossed Camizone sees this thread and the blood, heart, sweat, and excellent preparation you all have been through to get here and works with you guys. I’m pulling for you!!!
But if that doesn’t work out, re assure him he will not be disappointed if he waits and saves just a little bit longer. I have 2 panthers and couldn’t have chosen a better species to start my chameleon adventure!

My very limited experience with panthers (just 2) has been absolutely awesome! While my veileds try to bite or run away, my panthers are cool and tolerant of me. My male was exceptional and used to run to come on my hand as soon as I opened his enclosure. My little girl isn’t that friendly, but close.
Ok I am going to share this with him! Thank you

I would say if he wants to look at it like a goldfish, go with a veiled but if he wants to interact more often, saving the xtra for a panther is the best route. Tell him do chores, take back bottles, do laundry
(maybe he’ll find change). Continue working with grandpa. I’m rooting for your son. He sounds like a very responsible young man who deserves the panther. Fingers crossed Camizone sees this thread and the blood, heart, sweat, and excellent preparation you all have been through to get here and works with you guys. I’m pulling for you!!!
But if that doesn’t work out, re assure him he will not be disappointed if he waits and saves just a little bit longer. I have 2 panthers and couldn’t have chosen a better species to start my chameleon adventure!
This was an awesome reply! I am going to let him read it! Thank you so much for your opinion and support! 🥰

I watched the video by Chameleon Academy and read on their website and I don't think a Jackson is the way to go. I would love for him to get a Panther for the personality. But we will see what happens! Thank you so much for your help!
I was just going to say, I just got a Jackson's and I had to get an AC for the room he is in to maintain the temp drops Jackson's require at night.

Thank you so much for the referral beman. I'm in contact with them, have a great lil man for them. Hoping we will make it happen, her son will love this lil sweet cutie.

Attachments

• 16897266984086826774393828652214.jpg
    16897266984086826774393828652214.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom