Veiled Cham acting strange

Byron18

0D3EA22D-31DB-4A87-87F9-4A18B15E150D.jpeg
41D0FE6F-200D-49D2-AA40-051869EEDB85.jpeg
I got a new veiled and it’s only young a few weeks ago. I have fed him and he’s fine but he went to the corner of his cage and chewed something. He did it before but that was because the box of crickets was there and it could see it. I lived it but he went to the other corner. It has a black spot on its nose. Also if someone could tell me the gender. It’s young and sometimes has its mouth just open.

He did it before but that was because the box of crickets was there and it could see it. I lived it but he went to the other corner. It has a black spot on its nose. Also if someone could tell me the gender. It’s young and sometimes has its mouth just open.

B.,

Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. there are a couple of things from your short post that I can suggest. The black spot is possibly a scab or bruise from your cham rubbing his nose on the screen. Hopefully, you've removed the crickets. What did he "chew" in the corner? There shouldn't be anything for him to chew in the enclosure that isn't food. The open mouth could be from over heating, or possibly a URI, or he maybe just gaping at you. First things first though...Take a look at the care sheet for your veiled. Are you following the sheet to the T? If not, adjust to the proper specs on it. Second, fill out the form in this thread here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

With the following info., we should be able to get a handle on how to help you.

Last edited:
B.,

Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. there are a couple of things from your short post that I can suggest. The black spot is possibly a scab or bruise from your cham rubbing his nose on the screen. Hopefully, you've removed the crickets. What did he "chew" in the corner? There shouldn't be anything for him to chew in the enclosure that isn't food. The open mouth could be from over heating, or possibly a URI, or he maybe just gaping at you. First things first though...Take a look at the care sheet for your veiled. Are you following the sheet to the T? If not, adjust to the proper specs on it. Second, fill out the form in this thread here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

With the following info., we should be able to get a handle on how to help you.
Thank you. There isn’t anything in the corner but Crestie life substrate.

No substrate at all. Paper towels that you change out very regularly if you need something there, but most people use nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom