Veiled Breeding 2011

Julirs

My broken toe set me back a few weeks, but I have finally gotten to pairing these Veileds! My males are HUGE! I am always afraid, especially with the initial aggressiveness they display that they will hurt the females, but so far they have been pretty good.

Bruce and Comet: (Bruce is a WC male, and Comet was a rescue and knowing the place where the person I rescued her from got them, there is a good chance she is also WC.) This pair did something I have never seen before. There was a bit of head twitching, but there was more rapid head "vibration", from both parties. I wish I could have gotten this on video, but I was shooting picture from accross the room.
Receptive Comet:
DSCN8545.jpg

Chasing her down (I think she was more frustrated that he was not getting on with it then he was :) ):
DSCN8550.jpg

DSCN8557.jpg

DSCN8556.jpg

DSCN8560.jpg

Mr. Mangles and Easter:
Mr. Mangles has never done the deed before, and he is showing a little more aggressive display than I would like. Right now their cages are next to each other, she is wanting into his cage, and he is puffing up!
DSCN8562.jpg

Ok Juli what are you doing? Just breeding lots so I will have to clean a million cages? I love babies, but damn girl. Of course you are breeding excellent looking chameleons, so i will hope for lots of babies.

I didn't want you to be bored! I was afraid there was not enough to do!
I wish someone would want to love Mr. Mangles-that is the line I really want to continue-but I have to admit I am pretty excited about Bruce and Comet! The WC's are stunning!

To bad you can't get them to hurry up and I could see babies when I am down in August. Guess that is a little too fast.:rolleyes:

I didn't want you to be bored! I was afraid there was not enough to do!
I wish someone would want to love Mr. Mangles-that is the line I really want to continue-but I have to admit I am pretty excited about Bruce and Comet! The WC's are stunning!

That's great ! I wish you the best with all the gravid girls and eggs!
I miss all my little babies from last year but I will breed chameleons again in the future. Not Clea though :)

Back
Top Bottom