Veiled and panther chameleons

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have veiled chameleon and I am now looking to get panther chameleon so I just wanted to ask is it true that panther chameleons are more friendly than veiled chameleons? And is there any big differences beetwen them?

They can be setup the same way. If you split hairs veiled might like/tolerate a bit more heat and a bit less humidity.

As far as "moods" its up to the individual. ALL my chams are captive raised, most by small breeders. Ive had panthers that were "look at lizards" that you could not go near, and ive had male veiled's that i could had off to any 8 year old no problem.

If i was going to split hairs again, panthers are more likely to run away, and veiled are more likely to nail you a good one, when you are doing something they dont like, such as a medical procedure.

Have you considered a Jacksons? I know Panters and Vields get all the love because they have all the pretty colors but the Jacks are pretty mellow. If you haven't seen this already, Bill Strand breaks it down better than anyone:

Have you considered a Jacksons? I know Panters and Vields get all the love because they have all the pretty colors but the Jacks are pretty mellow. If you haven't seen this already, Bill Strand breaks it down better than anyone:

Hmm thats an interesting video. Its been a long time since I kept a jacksons, and back then we used aquariums, and the humidity was quite high and mine didnt do that awfully well. HOWEVER, literally a thread with a Sick Jacksons right now where the Jacksons keepers here are stating Jacksons Humidity should never drop below 60. Reptiles Mag article saying Jacksons should have a Daytime Fogger that ticks on anytime below 50. That video is a direct contrast.

Back
Top Bottom