Veilds.. constantly climbing... why?

I put her in the bin and put a lid on it as suggested by some. She still didn't lay. :(

Should I try again tonight? I left her in there overnight last night.

**edit**
I did leave her in there with one little branch though because I was thinking she might get cold on the sand. -_-
Tonight I'll try it without the branch cuz I don't think she ever climbed off of it.

The laying bin needs to be available to her at all times, in the bottom of her enclosure, with enough vines/branches that she can get in and out when she wishes. She's unlikely to lay if you interfere with her, so physically taking her out and putting her in a laying bin won't work. If she's going to lay these eggs, she'll lay them when she's ready and feels safe to do so.

Leave the laying bin in her enclosure, do NOT look at her, if she sees you while she's digging she'll most likely stop and could become eggbound, get rid of the substrate at the bottom of their cages, that's nothing but a bad idea, they can eat it accidentally and become constipated. Also, the person who told you that they do better in pairs only said that so you'd buy two.

Ok I will put the laying bin back in her cage and make it more easily accessible for her. I will also take out the substrate. Hopefully she does this.

I'm thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow morning to get her the shot to induce it... what do you think?

If your vet is experienced in chameleons, I think it's a great idea to take her to the vet. The vet can assess the egg situation and tell you if it's time to induce or not.

Ok so I took her to the vet. She seems to be ok. He said he thinks she still has a couple of weeks left so I should be fine. I'm leaving the sand in her cage for my friend to mist and keep moist for her until I come back. I have an appointment to see the vet again in 3 weeks.

Here's a link with some pictures of her when I got her back home. There's also some pictures of the male enjoying his heat lamp. :p
His name is Mambo.

http://minus.com/mKIISORre

The doc took a lot of stress off my shoulders!!!

That's good. You might want to ask your friend to join this board so he/she will be able to address any concerns that might come up.

Back
Top Bottom