veilds and plant eating ?

jojackson

Can you veiled owners please state what age/s you first noticed your cham/s eating plant life? Im hoping to work out an average from replys. Just to satisfy my curiosity. Mine is 2 months , not yet shown intrest in plants except to drink from leaves.

My male veiled was 6 weeks when we got him, and within two days of being in his enclosure started eating his ficus. He now eats loads of crickets, and there are no new holes in the leaves. I think it comes down to personal taste, some will start munching early on, some later, some never do. Like any animal really.

They can eat plants but be careful what plants. When my babies hatch i put a pot of live hibiscus and dandelion in the cage so the babies can eat. Dandelion is the best as it has over 187g/kg calcium

Let the veiled eat as much greens as it wants:D

I have hatched quite a few veileds and raised quite a few ive noticed plant nibbling from hatchling to adult like some of the others said they all have differant prefrances.

Both mine would eat green leaves (safe ones of course) when they were young, 5 to 10 months old, but now that they are grown they want touch it.

When mine was very young I would see bite marks in his leaves, i still do, so I would say about 6 weeks they start.

Veiled chameleons tend to eat greenery from the start. The environment they come from is harsh and insects are plentiful at some times and sparse at others. They have to eat whatever comes their way, including plants. They will eat insects first, then if they are still hungry, go after plant matter. In captivity, they might go after greenery first if they need a certain vitamin or if they need water. Feed a combination of greens, vegetables, and fruits with a combination of vitamins and minerals in them and they will get some of their supplementation from that.

My veiled started in on the pothos when I first bought her at about 4 inches long. She must have been at least two months old at that time. I am uncertain of her age as the store did not specify her age.

Back
Top Bottom