veild or panther

kfactor

i was just wondering if the panther chams are more difficult to take care of for a beginner as am looking to get my first one i just finished my first cage and will post some pic soon to see what u guys think of it and if u got any pointers thanks

well both of those are good chameleons to start off with, so its just your choice. with panthers tho, you can choose a variety of colors and what not, unless you happen to get one of the sunburst or blue veileds.

i was thinking panther i like the colors of them but were i live there is not really much to pick from but i think i might have to order one and what are panthers worth are they a little more money then the veilds?

It's up to you, the care of either species isn't really that different. The price however is - a 3 month old veiled might cost you something like $30-40, where as a typical panther male will go for closer to $200-250 depending on what you get. I've gotten most of my panthers from the Chameleon Company because they sell gorgeous animals and I only have to pay $150, which is a little more reasonable, in my opinion.

I definitely recommend ordering a chameleon online if you can, or going to a show. Because the ones they sell at your local pet stores are most likely not well taken care of. So you will have to pay a little extra in shipping costs but you have a greater guarantee of getting a healthy animal and not having to spend $100s later at the vet's. And don't be intimidated by the shipping, professional breeders know how to do it safely so your little guy gets there safely. The site sponsors are a good place to start looking for a new pet.

Panther is what I went with... I went through the same decision process... Ilike to be different so these guys are perfect for me :) they're addictive too.. I'll soon be adding two more :) but as they are definitely not the easiest pets to take care of pick wisely because either breed isnt a breed you can slack off for

Oh and yea I payed $200 for mine from a breeder on this site so these forums are a good place to find chams as well!

Yeah I started off with a veiled little bit easier to take care of but once you get it down it's part of your day. :D after I made my cage too I was low on cash to that made my decision too, Veiled was perfect for me. I plan on getting some panthers later on tho chameleons are addicting be careful! lol

when i get my own place i will be going with a translucent veiled, or a nice rainbow looking panther.

but for now I'm satisfied with my veiled i got now.

Back
Top Bottom