Veild chew toy

Courtney

my male is chewing on everything...i had to put my schefflara outside today and so i put some pre cut pre washed ficus branches branches in the inclosure...i had to take out all fake vines as he chews on them too. its 4 am and my chams are wide awake the dripper is going the female is drinking from there the male prefers to be misted. he is free ranging on the schefflara in my bedroom floor. i watched him bite a plastic branch that was the size of a cooked spaghetti noodle in half 2 days ago.. i had to fish a cm sized piece of it out of his throat. today im picking up new supliments, feeders etc neither chews on the live plant but attack romaine/grapes/ficus....what am i doing wrong or was my Ecko a dog in his past life:confused::confused::eek:

Are you giving him fruits and veggies? Offer him some collard greens or kale. They also like fruits but not citrus fruits.

spray some hot sauce on the branches and he should stop chewing JK:D try hanging a couple grapes for hydration ( a few only because idk what the sugar will do to him) and turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens or kale like beeze said

thats weird that they are up so late/early... and my veiled wont eat any greens/ fruits. just bugs.

My chams are all tucked into their night branch an hour before lights out.
Curious are your lights on a timer? I think your guy is trying to tell you he needs a salad.

thats just it....he just like to chew it doesnt matter what it is...i have provided fruit/veggie for them.....he wont chew on the schefflara though

I'd only put sturdy and natural non toxic things in his cage. Wok with what he doesn't chew, and use those plants, then only use sturdy wooden dowels and stuff for perches. Things he can't chew in half.

Take the fake plants out, please. Its only a matter of time. Better no plants than a dead cham. Maybe it was a dog LOL
Are you feeding it enough? This propensity to chew everything (so much) is unusual.
Why are your chams awake at 4 am? Lights on timers is best. Photoperiod is a crucial element to your chams wellbeing.
12 on/12 off , and dark as possible after lights off.
Maybe the poor thing is chewing because its stressed.

i took out everything that was fake there were only 2 vines. they eat 100 lg crix between the 2 of them in less than a week along with leafy greens thin sliced grapes thoes are new. i was laying in bed on here when i heard something snap in the cage and it was him chewing on everything and pooping one poop was really more like a dog log didnt look like crix leftovers so i decided to take out the fake stuff he had no intrest in before and sure enough he had chewed off a piece of foam from a flexi vine. just brought home 7 small mealworms she loved them he had no interest. im also starting a colony of lobster roaches. they are usually up and about around 4:30 5 which is really 5:30 6 lights off around 7 most of the time geting a timer tomorrow. its the one thing i keep forgeting and the one time i didnt forget walmart only had a digital and i already have one and its not reliable. by christmas i should have a custom built dual cage with a removeable divider in the middle. i cant wait to build it!!!!!!!

Meal worms are hard to digest and aren't recomended to feed often, if at all. Try using wooden rods as perches instead so he can't eat them. Also, it sounds like you're feeding them a bit much. 10 large crickets a day sounds like a lot, maybe 6-8 would be better. Don't want them to grow too fast.

I'm not sure if it's the same in reptiles, but I know grapes cause certain types of cancer in some mammals... So I don't know if it's related...

Maybe the female is eating all his food so he's trying to eat other things?

they dont hunt in the same area unless they are shareing some veggies. i dont give them 10 ea. at once, i put about 10 in when i get up and a few more a little after lunch time. we get 3/4 crix 150 at a time we lose 15 or less in the bunch and by the end of the week they eat 5 each a day so its not as much as you think. im sorry lg at my store is more like med.

Back
Top Bottom