Veil keeping eyes closed during daytime.

ok cool thanks a million. we plan on getting another cage friday. i will let everyone know thanks again.

Here's a few pics sorry the camera is from my phone so not all that great.

This is so sad i can scream.

Dude get a reptibreeze or what ever these guys have prescribed as soon as possible.

1) Medium or large Reptibreeze
2) A basking lamp (min 75watt) With a clamp lamp holder or dome.
3) Get a EXO Terra tube or compact repti glo ubv lamp. The little 14 watt tube is not going to do anything for the cham atm its a weak uvb light when it comes to bigger cages.
4) Vine and a safe plant.
5)Get a hand spary bottle and buy a dripper or make one.
6)Get a humidity gage.
7)Cal poweder with out D3 and dust the crickets lightly daily
8)D3 supplement weekly untill he is on his feet again (as it seems you never have this guy in the sun ever)

What is your ambient room temp?

You do not need a fogger or a waterfall it is a waste of money.

Your cham has MDB by the looks of it, the poor thing doesn't even have a properly developed cask.

Get Cracking with this dude. and kindly smack that pet stores people over the head with brick. (lol) thanks

Hope everything goes well with your Cham i wish you and him the best of luck.

Laurie, is it just me or do the chams legs look a little too curvy in that third picture?????

Yes I think they do, that is why I said I feel the vet will need to give the cham a shot to get it to take calcium back into it's bone. MBD by any other name.:(

LLL is one of our sponsors but you don't need that package. What you need from LLL reptile is

24x24x48 Alum screen cage $80.00
18" 5.0 reptisun UVB $15.00
Calcium with no d3 $ 5.00
Herptive $ 9.00

From home depot or walmart
18" fixture for UVB blub maybe $10
Dome light fixture another $10 (looks like you already have this - i am not sure)
incandesent light bulb 60 watt $2
live ficus tree $12

That is only $134 instead and much better for your cham. I will guess the vet will need to give your cham a shot to draw calcium back into his bones. Hopefully that will be all for now.

We will all help you get his back up to speed, just hang in there with us.
You have a temp/humidify gage, 7 a misting bottle, might want to make a dripper but that is easy

What she said sorry did not see this. I jumped the gun :p

that cham doesnt look good:(....poor thing...

if you had him almost a year, the casque looks underdeveloped...

i know you mean well, and take all the suggestion with well thought, because your cham is not in the best of shapes...but if you do alot of changing and major improvement, he can recover well, but will take time. Good luck

You did a really good job of helping, thanks.:) Also I am a female.:):)

;) Fixed :D

One day when i have the time and resources am going to identify all the Pet shops in my area that sell Chameleons and give them an A4 with the correct husbandry with regards to Veiled Chameleons etc.

Pet shop owners and employee's at time give bad advise and just want to get it out of the shop and make the money.

But good on this owner for coming here and asking for advise

Yes I think they do, that is why I said I feel the vet will need to give the cham a shot to get it to take calcium back into it's bone. MBD by any other name.:(

Oh, I know it is mbd. That was what I had mentioned early in the thread to him that it was a possibility from not having the uvb and calcium. I know you said to him about getting the calcium injections. It was just that you never said straight out -your cham has mbd. That's all. Just wanting to make sure he realized that his cham does indeed have MBD and he needs to get it to a vet then obviously. thanks Laurie!

Yes. MBD and very stunted growth as mentioned. Get him to the Vet and he can live a semi-normal life. I have one that looks just like that. I would put him in a well planted 16X16X30-the other cages will be too big and you want him to be able to hobble around and catch food.
Can he still shoot his tongue? They often lose that ability with MBD.

Yes. MBD and very stunted growth as mentioned. Get him to the Vet and he can live a semi-normal life. I have one that looks just like that. I would put him in a well planted 16X16X30-the other cages will be too big and you want him to be able to hobble around and catch food.

Julie, you are so correct about the cage size. I guess I just thought veiled and gave the "usual" response. Thanks for correcting me while he still has time to change prior to purchasing the cage. Good Catch.

I have already made an appointment before ever even posting on here. They just can't get us in until the 2nd. Oh and by the way I am a lady, thanks.

Yes, he can still shoot his tongue and eats just fine without any problems as I have said in previous posts.

Ok Lady's and Germs :) Just thought I would let u in on tweekers current condition as of 7am mnt time til now he has been awake and alert. Lately since noticing the issue I can walk into my bedroom where his cage is and he don't even acknowledge the fact of my beings. This morning however when his light came on he was on the move and I have pretty much been checking in on him every 10-15min and every time his eyes have been open and alert of me standing there. I know this because even when I move around the cage his eyes go to tweaking :D Something I haven't seen in a few days so I guess u can say I am having a much better filling as to him getting better than I was early last night when first hearing some of the opinions and possibilities. Thanks ladys and germs for your thoughts again and can't wait til the 2nd to get him fully looked at and possibly help on his road to recovery.

That's good to hear he's feeling better today! Along with the uvb light, proper gutloading and calcium dusting of crickets should start asap if he is to have a chance at a normal life. Now is the time to start doing that!

Ok Lady's and Germs :) Just thought I would let u in on tweekers current condition as of 7am mnt time til now he has been awake and alert. Lately since noticing the issue I can walk into my bedroom where his cage is and he don't even acknowledge the fact of my beings. This morning however when his light came on he was on the move and I have pretty much been checking in on him every 10-15min and every time his eyes have been open and alert of me standing there. I know this because even when I move around the cage his eyes go to tweaking :D Something I haven't seen in a few days so I guess u can say I am having a much better filling as to him getting better than I was early last night when first hearing some of the opinions and possibilities. Thanks ladys and germs for your thoughts again and can't wait til the 2nd to get him fully looked at and possibly help on his road to recovery.

so you added a uvb light and it made a difference in one day already?

It is good that he seems better, I sure hope the vet visit goes well. Are you seeing a vet that knows chameleons?

Back
Top Bottom