Veggies and Fruits

Veileds dont really eat veggies. You can try a leaf of kale, or a blueberry. Something small and simple. But being that they are insectivores they probably wont take to it.

Yes, I'm sure you did read that. Like I said, you can try, but isn't likely that your veiled will eat veggies...they like live moving prey like insects.
Again, your best bet would be a leafy veggie. Kale, collard greens, dandelion leaves, maybe a hibiscus leaf or flower? These kinds of things have the best chance of getting eaten. But you CAN try a super worm, waxworm, or hornworm as a Thanksgiving treat! Those will get eaten.

Oh! I am starting to mix in hornworms and crickets in his diet. should I mix super worms in as well?
Yes! Variety is key. Get as many different types of feeders as you can. Moderation and variety go hand in hand. You dont want to be feeding gobs of super worms, or your baby will likely get fat. But adding a couple a week into the rotation of feeders would be a benefit for your chameleon.

Fruit flies are fine, but they are awfully small. As babies they eat them a lot, but as they get older they tend to not bother with them.
Black soldier flies are a good flying insect to feed. Also you can order fly larvae and let the maggots pupate into flies. My guys LOVE the bottle flies. I order mine from rainbowmealworms.com

https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/250-spikes-fly-larvae/

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that at pet stores like petco and pet smart, superworms come in one size. The big size only. Those will be too big for mobi. I suggest ordering small ones off of dubiaroaches.com.
Happy Thanksgiving! ????

Back
Top Bottom