Vegetables to feed to chameleon?

I was curious if anyone cooks their veggies or if you just slice it and feed it raw? I know cooking it diminishes the nutritional value, even for humans but I'm curious about longevity(I would of course remove it if it was in for too long but still). I also like to buy veggies and precook them and keep them in the fridge/freezer for later use since I only really feed myself and it makes both cooking on limited time easier and it saves on veggies going bad. Is this okay for my veiled, and will he eat it like that?
Just to kind of update I guess, since I didn't see any responses I decided to just offer both and see which one he chooses to eat. I had already sanitized pieces of bark and had a place to set them up where they were visible and easily accessible, so while cooking my own veggies I just put some raw veggies, cut into small pieces, in a container off to the side, and then did the same after cooking them. I left all the veggies in his cage while I was at work and found that he had eaten some of the raw cabbage, but the rest of the raw stuff was untouched, while the cooked veggies were half gone! I think I will offer raw on the days that I do all my shopping and for the rest of the time he can enjoy the cooked stuff.

My Cham loves greens ! I also feed him a variety of worms & crickets but he will finish off most of the greens I put in his cage . I use a long twister tie & twist one part around the middle of the greens then twist the rest of the tie around his branch & he eats it happily.

My Cham loves greens ! I also feed him a variety of worms & crickets but he will finish off most of the greens I put in his cage . I use a long twister tie & twist one part around the middle of the greens then twist the rest of the tie around his branch & he eats it happily.
Wow its good to know he doesnt have any issues tearing it! I had bee. Worried about that because a lot of wild plants in the area that they eat are softer so i wasnt sure if he would have any issues tearing at the rough leaves (like kale in particular). I have been cutting or tearing them uo every time but i think i will try that!

I was curious if anyone cooks their veggies or if you just slice it and feed it raw? I know cooking it diminishes the nutritional value, even for humans but I'm curious about longevity(I would of course remove it if it was in for too long but still). I also like to buy veggies and precook them and keep them in the fridge/freezer for later use since I only really feed myself and it makes both cooking on limited time easier and it saves on veggies going bad. Is this okay for my veiled, and will he eat it like that?

I just give him his veggies raw

Back
Top Bottom