Valve for bulkhead

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I am putting bulkheads at the bottom of my enclosures so that I can drain water out, but I want to do it manually. Is there a valve or something that I can attach, that I can open and close? Or even a cap that would be easy to pull off once and awhile. I'm having trouble finding something to fit the bulkheads I'm using.

Im sure just about any hardware store would have a valve that size. Thats a pretty small pipe and it shouldn't be to hard to find something in both pvc or brass.

Yeah if you can't find what you need at Home Depot do a seat for plumbing supply places near you.

The bulkhead is about 2 and a half inches, hole is 1 and a half, but yeah I only looked online so far. I didn't see much so I wasn't sure if a store would have it. I'll take it in and see. The problem is, I don't want one of those valves that stiffen up over time. I feel like that'll just lead to future problems so I'm looking for a better option.

I have a valve on one of my drains for my reef tank, I used a gate valve as I need precise control of the water levels. The gate valve does not get tight or hard to turn, I've had the same for over 4 years. I do need to adjust it if I increase or decrease the flow I have in the tank. It may be a good option for you

I was looking at those, but couldn't find one to fit my bulkhead. I suck at this plumbing stuff lol. I grabbed a rubber cap with a metal hose clamp. Since I'll only need to drain the water once every couple of weeks, it shouldn't be too much of a pain to go under and unscrew it. I'm just hoping there's no leaks.

I have a valve on one of my drains for my reef tank, I used a gate valve as I need precise control of the water levels. The gate valve does not get tight or hard to turn, I've had the same for over 4 years. I do need to adjust it if I increase or decrease the flow I have in the tank. It may be a good option for you
Dude, your a reefer too? PM me about your set up and what corals you have. Love me some reef tank! I am about to set up a new system I have been gathering together the last couple years. I've been out of the game a while.

Back
Top Bottom