Vaccinations

DJnSoCal

Established Member
Okay, so there I was walking around the San Diego Reptile Show and I stopped by one of the chameleon vendors to have a gander. As he was discussing his stock with us, he mentioned all of the chameleons were, among being tested for and clear of paracites, vaccinated. I looked at him with a puzzled look and thought to myself, "I'll just keep on walking."

If you do a search for vaccinated or vaccinate on this forum, no information comes up. I've never heard of chameleons being vaccinated against anything. Anyone wish to enlighten me? Do you think this was a "line" he was giving to make his chameleons seem better than others?

What's your opinion? Are there any vaccinations for chameleons? Anyone else heard of this before?

There are no Vaccinations that I am aware of. Maybe treated for parasites and tested clean :confused:. Sometimes WC chameleons are given a course of panacur while in the sellers care. That would be "treated" not vaccinated. Thats the only explanation I could think of. Maybe the word vaccinated was misused :confused:. I have no idea.

Good question for Dr. Stein.

Last edited:
There are no Vaccinations that I am aware of. Maybe treated for parasites and tested clean :confused:. Sometimes WC chameleons are given a course of panacur while in the sellers care. That would be "treated" not vaccinated. Thats the only explanation I could think of. Maybe the word vaccinated was misused :confused:. I have no idea.

Good question for Dr. Stein.

Yes... We will have to add that question to the list for the doctor! If the vendor hadn't specifically mentioned free of paracites and such, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. This was the last phrase, "... and vaccinated." I hope it was just a faux paus and he wasn't intentionally misleading.

Anyone else hear something similar in their travels?

Back
Top Bottom