vacant pygmy chameleon enclosure (looking for CB resident) :P

dense planting

is it preferable to have dense planting like that for pygmies? I was told that its good to have a clear space so they can find food and lay eggs easier. My pygmy enclosure looks quite sparse compared to that, should i be adding more foliage?

Mine is dense too, that's how they like it! They need only a very small space to lay eggs, and that's on the bottom so even having plants in the dirt isn't going to take up the whole bottom layer unless it's a total ground cover. And the crickets will climb around on all the sticks and plants and stuff. My male hunts from the upper layers whereas my female prefers to shoot them on the ground layer. She's laid eggs a few times without problems, and they both eat like little champs. Maybe post a pic of your enclosure?

Some of my plants died so I put in lots of twigs and sticks to fill in the space so even though it's not dense there isn't wasted space. They crawl around all over all the time. The female prefers the denser parts but the male is always in the twig heavy areas.

Back
Top Bottom