UVI, UVB, Solarmeter, lighting... Video Explanation :)

Awesome that makes me so happy!
Don’t tell him that... he already thinks he is the man :hilarious:
This just keeps getting better; got a solar meter and found basking spot was cranking a whole 0.6 UVI....so gonna adjust branch and add more light...you guys are the best

This just keeps getting better; got a solar meter and found basking spot was cranking a whole 0.6 UVI....so gonna adjust branch and add more light...you guys are the best
Solarmeter's are the key to real success in this hobby. It is one thing for us to say do this and do that but if you have a bulb that is not producing correctly or a T8 that does not say the strength then you just will not know. I did this video way back when I had my old quad and that thing sucks the UVB because of the single panel for 4 bulbs. I was even shocked when I went to single bulb fixtures at the extreme difference in output.

Solarmeter's are the key to real success in this hobby. It is one thing for us to say do this and do that but if you have a bulb that is not producing correctly or a T8 that does not say the strength then you just will not know. I did this video way back when I had my old quad and that thing sucks the UVB because of the single panel for 4 bulbs. I was even shocked when I went to single bulb fixtures at the extreme difference in output.
I put in a ReptiSun, 5.0 HO T5 UVB, 34" and a sunblaster T5 reflector, single bulb..and you'd think that would be enough. You think adding another T5, move up branches, or get stronger bulb? Or a combo of things? Thanks again!

I put in a ReptiSun, 5.0 HO T5 UVB, 34" and a sunblaster T5 reflector, single bulb..and you'd think that would be enough. You think adding another T5, move up branches, or get stronger bulb? Or a combo of things? Thanks again!
May I ask what your distance was? There were some sunblasters that had the reflector in backwards so the UVB was not actually reflecting. At 9 inches with a single bulb fixture T5 and a 5.0 bulb it should have been registering in the 3 uvi range at 9 inches away.

Back
Top Bottom