UVI for Veiled Chameleons?

Thatwizard420

Chameleon Enthusiast
Is UVI of 12 bad for an adult Veiled Chameleon? its currently 99 degrees Fahrenheit with humidity of 12. Even though I know its too hot for him, I put him in his bush and he loves it, he changes to his happy colors instantly.
Any feedback is more than welcome.

That's a little high and dry yes. I'm at 10 or 11 uvi mostly with 20%RH or lower. I limit their time outdoors to 20-30min and mist them frequently by hand. Especially if and when I see gaping. Provide a spot that's half in the shade and half out.

So Veileds should be exposed to UVI levels of 3-4. Try to find a time of day when the sun is not as intense. Limit his exposure time as well. I do max 20 minutes when I take mine out. My max uvi level is not quite that intense even when it is noon. But I hit 6-9 ranges where I live. If he is going into light brighter colors he is hot and trying to cool down. Be cautious of temps as well. If your weather is saying 99 I can tell you it is a heck of a lot hotter then that in direct sun.

Perfect example of when to pull your chameleon out of the oven. They come with built in thermometers. My little chameleon kabob
20190606_150813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom