uvb wattage and correct bulbs

Maybe hawaii is different idk. First of all, don't steal it. If you can't afford it then just release him. Youll also need a proper cage which you won't be able to steal. Stealing the uvb is useless because it won't be able to stay on top

I don't think you're allowed in the store during covid lol
petsmart and petco are open the last time i went which was like a month ago and i dont know if they have those scanners at the door but if they do then im not gonna steal it just to be on the safe side but if they dont have those scanners then i'll probably

IMO, just release it. It's not worth the trouble. Jackson's are invasive to hawaii and are surviving there. don't steal it. It's no use. If you let him go and he gets eaten by a mongoose, that's nature. Just release him in the highest point of trees you can find. Or drive somewhere where there are no people and let him go there. Drive to like a forest.

petsmart and petco are open the last time i went which was like a month ago and i dont know if they have those scanners at the door but if they do then im not gonna steal it just to be on the safe side but if they dont have those scanners then i'll probably
Don't steal it. just don't it won't be much help because the cage isn't good enough for him either

OR you could have an outdoor cage and you won't need a uvb. That sounds like a good option. But you'll need a cage that the mongoose won't get into. that will be at least 200$ and there's no way you can steal it.

IMO, just release it. It's not worth the trouble. Jackson's are invasive to hawaii and are surviving there. don't steal it. It's no use. If you let him go and he gets eaten by a mongoose, that's nature. Just release him in the highest point of trees you can find. Or drive somewhere where there are no people and let him go there. Drive to like a forest.
i know i dont even know if i can steal the light cause im scared the buzzer might beep when im walking out or if i put it on the inside if my pants it might slip out and everyones gonna look at me?

i know i dont even know if i can steal the light cause im scared the buzzer might beep when im walking out or if i put it on the inside if my pants it might slip out and everyones gonna look at me?
Just release it. You could get arrested if you get caught and walmart probably has buzzers just don't

i know walmart does but idk about petco or petsmart honestly i was gonna but you made me realize how stupid that was of me, and i dint want to release him cause hes so cute so ill probably just take him outside a little while everyday so he can absorb some sunlight but do you think one more week of no sunlight is fine for him and ive had him for about three days now so idk if that will cause any long term effects

i know walmart does but idk about petco or petsmart honestly i was gonna but you made me realize how stupid that was of me, and i dint want to release him cause hes so cute so ill probably just take him outside a little while everyday so he can absorb some sunlight but do you think one more week of no sunlight is fine for him and ive had him for about three days now so idk if that will cause any long term effects
I'm glad you're not gonna steal it, I know it's tempting and he's cute but if you don't have the money or resources, he won't last very long. I think the best thing to do is drive to a very secluded space with no people and a lot of trees, and just let him go.

I'm glad you're not gonna steal it, I know it's tempting and he's cute but if you don't have the money or resources, he won't last very long. I think the best thing to do is drive to a very secluded space with no people and a lot of trees, and just let him go.
Keep us updated on his health and what you're going to do with him.
im 14 so if i get caught idk what would happen but i'll keep you updated and if i get enough money by the end of the week to buy a bulb and the bulb holder thing then i'll update you, if i dont update you in a week then that most likely means i probably released him but i'll try my best to get enough money lol

im 14 so if i get caught idk what would happen but i'll keep you updated and if i get enough money by the end of the week to buy a bulb and the bulb holder thing then i'll update you, if i dont update you in a week then that most likely means i probably released him but i'll try my best to get enough money lol
Jackson's are not easy to take care of. You'll also need to buy food for him like every week so you'll need a lot of money. I would just release him. If you manage to get 1000$+ then I would buy a veiled chameleon as they are the easiest to take care of

Look - I doubt you'll get enough money anytime soon to pay for a cham (cage 300$, decor 100$, feeders maybe 10$ per week) and you'll need time to take care of him. Just releas him. If you're scared he'll get eaten then rehome him or give him to a reptile sancturay

I'm not sure I can be of any help here as it seems you are in over your head. If I lived in Hawaii and I had a yard I would keep my chameleons outdoors in an area that has filtered sunlight under a tree. That way he could get sun and could stay cool as necessary.
I would fit that cylinder into a plant pot with something like a schelflera.
You will still have to mist a few times a day and buy bugs and supplements and that seems like it is going to be a problem.
Rehoming him is probably the best answer.

Stealing is not an option. It's a crime.

I think you should just let the chameleon go free....it will have as good a chance of surviving in the wild as any other wild chameleon will in Hawaii.

Yeah so I have to say stealing is never the right option. If you can not afford to buy the correct lighting then you will not be able to afford everything else this chameleon will need. Jacksons have very specific care requirements and die without the right environment.

Did you find it outside? If so take it back to where you found it. You will just end up depriving it of what it needs to survive. Wild caught chams do not do well in captivity and typically carry parasites. Only experienced keepers take on wild caught chams because they have the money to provide what they need and Vet care.

If you bought it. Then return it to the store. If you stole it from a store... Return it to the store.

Back
Top Bottom