UVB reading

I’ll add my 2 cents worth here. First, I should preface this by saying I don’t think anyone knows what uvi goes with what species. That being said, a uvi of 3 has been shown to be safe. However, this will depend on numerous factors. For instance, when I set up my cages now, I try to have a network of six or more horizontal branches at different distances from the uvb source. At the highest (closest) branch, the Cham can be exposed to as high as 7, at the lowest, 1, and everything in between. I also ensure that as we move down from the top 6” of the cage, that the foliage becomes increasingly dense over certain portions of the cage. This way, the Cham can self regulate his/her exposure by moving to different zones of the cage. So, the short answer is, provide several horizontal so-called basking branches at different distances from the uv source, with the highest having a uvi up to 6/7, the next down 4/5, the next down 2/3, and so on. Also, ensure that there are plenty of areas where your Cham can hide from the uvb, by using areas of dense foliage starting around 6” down from the top n

I’ll add my 2 cents worth here. First, I should preface this by saying I don’t think anyone knows what uvi goes with what species. That being said, a uvi of 3 has been shown to be safe. However, this will depend on numerous factors. For instance, when I set up my cages now, I try to have a network of six or more horizontal branches at different distances from the uvb source. At the highest (closest) branch, the Cham can be exposed to as high as 7, at the lowest, 1, and everything in between. I also ensure that as we move down from the top 6” of the cage, that the foliage becomes increasingly dense over certain portions of the cage. This way, the Cham can self regulate his/her exposure by moving to different zones of the cage. So, the short answer is, provide several horizontal so-called basking branches at different distances from the uv source, with the highest having a uvi up to 6/7, the next down 4/5, the next down 2/3, and so on. Also, ensure that there are plenty of areas where your Cham can hide from the uvb, by using areas of dense foliage starting around 6” down from the top n
I appreciate the detailed response and agree. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom