basking branch

yungzerk

Avid Member
This is me just being a paranoid and worried new chameleon owner and i’ve already read articles about uvb and the distances but i was still a tad bit confused after reading and i don’t own a solarmeter (i hope to get one soon), but do you think the branches are too close and i could be over exposing UV to my chameleon?(The closest branch is 9 inches away from the UVB) any feedback is helpful, thank you😁🥰
IMG_2656.jpeg

This is me just being a paranoid and worried new chameleon owner and i’ve already read articles about uvb and the distances but i was still a tad bit confused after reading and i don’t own a solarmeter (i hope to get one soon), but do you think the branches are too close and i could be over exposing UV to my chameleon?(The closest branch is 9 inches away from the UVB) any feedback is helpful, thank you😁🥰
View attachment 350475
The heat lamp should be around 6-8 inches from the basking spot. But, since you're asking about a uvb bulb, I think it depends on the wattage, but you really should have a 6% uvb bulb. But if you have a 6% uvb bulb, 9 inches should be plenty of space from the branch.

The heat lamp should be around 6-8 inches from the basking spot. But, since you're asking about a uvb bulb, I think it depends on the wattage, but you really should have a 6% uvb bulb. But if you have a 6% uvb bulb, 9 inches should be plenty of space from the branch.
okay perfect thank you so much! i have the basking branch in that 6-8 mark, and my light is an arcadia 6% so all in all im
okay!

Back
Top Bottom