Uvb placement + tips

Ty for the reply. I love when he climbs all over - he’s too cute. But when he climbs around, he’s too far away from his UVB. That’s ok ?
My second concern, if you don’t mind? I have a bay window, lots of sun. I know UVB doesn’t penetrate through glass but what if I opened the window and put him in front of the open window screen.
(and he does go outside for at least 3-4 hours 5-6 days a week. )
Thoughts plz plz plz 😎
I agree with @Beman that the position of the cage may be fooling the chameleon.
I would make sure he can sit at a proper distance from the UVB light if/when he wants to and move the cage away from the window. Then, if you want to put him by the window when the window is open maybe you could set up a free range there... and when the temperatures with the window open are warm enough, he could be there for a while.

So the problem is they do not sit under their lights... They move and follow the sun coming through the window. And UVB does not penetrate the glass so if he is sitting farther away from his lights then he is not getting much if any uvb.
Also you can not regulate cage temps with it right in front of a window. With direct sun you are getting much higher ambient heat and in the winter your going to get the cold.

So the problem is they do not sit under their lights... They move and follow the sun coming through the window. And UVB does not penetrate the glass so if he is sitting farther away from his lights then he is not getting much if any uvb.
Also you can not regulate cage temps with it right in front of a window. With direct sun you are getting much higher ambient heat and in the winter your going to get the cold.
Moving the living room around now. lol.
Ty sooo much

Back
Top Bottom