uvb lighting

hamley88

im going to get a repti sun uv tube. ive got a female veiled chameleon in a mesh cage, do i get the 10.0 or the 5.0

i was told to use 10.0 for my veiled and shes been fine. and im using the exo terra at the moment but heard bad things about them. but if your saying 5.0 ill get that one. thanks

I honestly think either would work. The box suggests that the black mesh of a flexarium cuts 50% of the UVB, so while "board standard" might be "use the 5.0" in your case, with a 4 foot black mesh cage, you might be better off with the 10.0. I have black mesh and use the 5.0, but my little bitty chameleons aren't in a 4 foot tall cage...

do you think i should keep the exo terra repti glo?? shes realy heathly and been using for a long time but just heard bad things about them...

ive only had it 2 months. i think when it gets to 6 months then ill change to retisun. thanks for the advice

I honestly think either would work. The box suggests that the black mesh of a flexarium cuts 50% of the UVB, so while "board standard" might be "use the 5.0" in your case, with a 4 foot black mesh cage, you might be better off with the 10.0. I have black mesh and use the 5.0, but my little bitty chameleons aren't in a 4 foot tall cage...

Yes I was not aware it was a flexarium. I'd stick with the 10.0. At least you won't be under doing it. And that's wats important. How often do u use calcium WITH D3

Yes I was not aware it was a flexarium. I'd stick with the 10.0. At least you won't be under doing it. And that's wats important. How often do u use calcium WITH D3

i will be sticking with the 10.0 just to be safe. calcium with d3 twice a month.

i will be sticking with the 10.0 just to be safe. calcium with d3 twice a month.

Since the 10.0 is gonna give him higher levels of d3 than the 5.0 id make the dustings extremely light. Or once a month IMO

Even the 10.0 output isn't what I would consider high (don't they output something like 30-40 through the mesh? While shade outside reads closer to 200), so I don't think that the D3 supplementation needs to be tweaked. The twice-monthly dustings should be light anyway, so I don't think there's a need to worry about it.

at a pet shop that do arcadia uv tubes which ive heard are very good. do i get the 12% or the 6%. ive got a flexarium which is fully meshed. im thinking 12% to go thorugh the mesh. what do you think??

Even the 10.0 output isn't what I would consider high (don't they output something like 30-40 through the mesh? While shade outside reads closer to 200), so I don't think that the D3 supplementation needs to be tweaked. The twice-monthly dustings should be light anyway, so I don't think there's a need to worry about it.

Agree completely.

Back
Top Bottom