Uvb lighting

Aidancfol

Ok so I have a t8 uvb bulb and I have a t5ho coming in tomorrow. I have a question if I could use my 20 inch t8 light on one side of the cage then run the t5ho across the back or would that make the uvi to high?

i see no point, maybe if you have a meter you could do some tuning. But you know that t8 bulb has like six months of life left in it unless its fresh. At best you could use the T8 for a free range.

If anything it might make the UVI too low in spots. If all the branches have been retuned for T5ho (10-15" away from the bulb) then the T8 section will be getting like .25-.5 UVI, and the T5 section will be getting 1.5-3.0 UVI.

i see no point, maybe if you have a meter you could do some tuning. But you know that t8 bulb has like six months of life left in it unless its fresh. At best you could use the T8 for a free range.

If anything it might make the UVI too low in spots. If all the branches have been retuned for T5ho (10-15" away from the bulb) then the T8 section will be getting like .25-.5 UVI, and the T5 section will be getting 1.5-3.0 UVI.
Yeah you are right and it’s a fresh bulb Arcadia 6% bulb but I will have to raise my t5 4 or inches when I get it. And I will think is something to do with the t8

Yeah you are right and it’s a fresh bulb Arcadia 6% bulb but I will have to raise my t5 4 or inches when I get it. And I will think is something to do with the t8

If its a 6% arcadia T8, its kinda worthless for chams anyway. That is a "tank" bulb for geckos/anoles, its worthless past 6-8", so great for 12-18" tall cages.

If its a 6% arcadia T8, its kinda worthless for chams anyway. That is a "tank" bulb for geckos/anoles, its worthless past 6-8", so great for 12-18" tall cages.
Then I’m very glad my t5ho comes in tomorrow. Thank you very much for your advice

Then I’m very glad my t5ho comes in tomorrow. Thank you very much for your advice

Hey from like 1995 till 2005 the standard cham setup was a 6%/5.0 T8 and a 2ft tall cage, with medium dose D3 twice a month :)
People thought the 12%/10.0 T8 would roast the cham. Now we have 6%/5.0 T5's that put out 3x the UVB as the 12%/10.0 T8's :)

Hey from like 1995 till 2005 the standard cham setup was a 6%/5.0 T8 and a 2ft tall cage, with medium dose D3 twice a month :)
People thought the 12%/10.0 T8 would roast the cham. Now we have 6%/5.0 T5's that put out 3x the UVB as the 12%/10.0 T8's :)
Yeah that’s why I’m gonna have to hang that t5 5 or 6 inches above because I found a very good uvb chart from chameleon academy and it is helping a lot

You said, "And I will think [of] something to do with the t8."
I was just making a small joke; getting another reptile is one thing you could do with it; selling it on craigslist is another. Throw it away—I don't really care—it's up to you.

You said, "And I will think [of] something to do with the t8."
I was just making a small joke; getting another reptile is one thing you could do with it; selling it on craigslist is another. Throw it away—I don't really care—it's up to you.
Oh ?? yeah I though about getting another reptile but my chameleon cage is very big so I don’t have much more room in my room but I’m still debating it

Back
Top Bottom