UVB light bulbs and blindness

Juancito

has anybody heard of any uvb lightsthat can cause chams to loss their eyesight or become blind. ive heard about it but im not sure if its true. can somebody shed some light on this for me?

Some lights a while ago caused conjunctivitis and even death in some reptiles but the problem is supposed to be solved now. Are you having a problem?

I know of people still having problems with the compact uv light with chameleons. My best advice is to avoid them and use a linear tube style bulb. The uv given off by compacts is given off over a very small area and overall they just are not very good.

Some say they have been fixed but with problems still occurring from multiple suppliers and brands I don't true them am I also do not believe this is simply down to old stock coming through.

Some lights a while ago caused conjunctivitis and even death in some reptiles but the problem is supposed to be solved now. Are you having a problem?

no im not. I was just looking to upgrade my light fixture for one of my chams but I heard that some bulbs might cause blindness and I wanted to make sure that I didn't grab one that does,

I know of people still having problems with the compact uv light with chameleons. My best advice is to avoid them and use a linear tube style bulb. The uv given off by compacts is given off over a very small area and overall they just are not very good.

Some say they have been fixed but with problems still occurring from multiple suppliers and brands I don't true them am I also do not believe this is simply down to old stock coming through.

yeah the compact bulbs are the ones that I heard cause eye problems. im using a repti sun 5.0 currently. do you think that this could cause eye problems?

just keep in mind that babies in special are a lot more sensitive and need the light to be higher than usual ( no close to the chage) and need shade if the light would be too intense

Back
Top Bottom