UVB Distance - Basking Only?

AZJ0SH

I read that the chameleon should be able to get within 12" of the UVB bulb, is that the entire day, or only when he basks? Right now the basking area is about 10" from the lights, but thats the highest point in the cage most of it is further away.

So will I be ok?

I read that the chameleon should be able to get within 12" of the UVB bulb, is that the entire day, or only when he basks? Right now the basking area is about 10" from the lights, but thats the highest point in the cage most of it is further away.

So will I be ok?

Remember, every time your cham goes up to bask during the day he'll get some UV if the light is on for 12 hours a day. UV radiation benefits accumulate over time, so the daily exposure is the key, not the exact amount of time each day. In the wild, a cham would not sit exposed to full sun for hours either. Does that help?

Remember, every time your cham goes up to bask during the day he'll get some UV if the light is on for 12 hours a day. UV radiation benefits accumulate over time, so the daily exposure is the key, not the exact amount of time each day. In the wild, a cham would not sit exposed to full sun for hours either. Does that help?

Good to know, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom