Uvb bulb

Jgarcia007$$

What uvb do you'll recommend for my chameleon I have the one that came with the kit but what do you'll think when it comes to his right UVB I would really appreciate the help...

Make sure to only use either a T5HO linear Arcadia 6% (replace yearly) or Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 (replace every 6 months) UVB bulb. The bulb should be 8-9" away from your cham's basking branch. If you can afford it, definitely get a Solarmeter 6.5, too (it tells you when to actually replace the bulb and the actual distance needed from bulb to basking branch)

Make sure to only use either a T5HO linear Arcadia 6% (replace yearly) or Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 (replace every 6 months) UVB bulb. The bulb should be 8-9" away from your cham's basking branch. If you can afford it, definitely get a Solarmeter 6.5, too (it tells you when to actually replace the bulb and the actual distance needed from bulb to basking branch)

Attachments

• 16308923002341758145460262917951.jpg
    16308923002341758145460262917951.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 62
So you need to upgrade your cage, as well. The only useful things in the kit are the supplements. What species and gender do you have?

Okay, so a veiled, do you know which gender it is? Also, was this taken after it's bedtime or during the day?

Okay, so a veiled, do you know which gender it is? Also, was this taken after it's bedtime or during the day?
I'm pretty sure it's a male and I already took care of the sleeping during the day problem I took off the red light at night but im more concerned with his lighting so I want to see what I can do and fast make sure he's getting the right stuff...

I'm pretty sure it's a male and I already took care of the sleeping during the day problem I took off the red light at night but im more concerned with his lighting so I want to see what I can do and fast make sure he's getting the right stuff...
Does he have spurs on the back of his back feet (spurs mean male)? Sleeping during is a big issue, as chameleons don't show signs of sickness until it's already bad (it could be more than just the lights causing this). Do you have an exotics vet with reputable chameleon experience near you? Sorry for throwing this all at you, but if you could fill out our husbandry form, that'd be great, as well!

You want to get a linear T5HO fixture and a 5.0 UVB bulb... Basking branch should be 8-9 inches below with this fixture type and bulb strength this will give baby the UVB it needs.

What uvb do you'll recommend for my chameleon I have the one that came with the kit but what do you'll think when it comes to his right UVB I would really appreciate the help...
Linear T5HO; either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. BOTH are good for 1 year.

Solarmeters cost a few bucks, but are worth the investment. There are also DIY versions if you're handy with an Arduino board. Parts cost less than $50.

Knowing what your UVB is putting out will help you establish the optimum basking distance (which may save vet bills) and when to replace bulbs to get the most out of them (which saves replacing them too early).

T5HO bulbs do have a 50-100 hour burn-in period when they'll likely put out higher levels of UVB, then they'll settle in for about a year. After that, the decline is gradual.

Most T5HO fixtures—despite labels/brands—are made in the same factory in China, so shopping for price makes good sense.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others

Linear T5HO; either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. BOTH are good for 1 year.

Solarmeters cost a few bucks, but are worth the investment. There are also DIY versions if you're handy with an Arduino board. Parts cost less than $50.

Knowing what your UVB is putting out will help you establish the optimum basking distance (which may save vet bills) and when to replace bulbs to get the most out of them (which saves replacing them too early).

T5HO bulbs do have a 50-100 hour burn-in period when they'll likely put out higher levels of UVB, then they'll settle in for about a year. After that, the decline is gradual.

Most T5HO fixtures—despite labels/brands—are made in the same factory in China, so shopping for price makes good sense.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
Thank you so when I get T5Ho do I still need the blue buld that cane with the kit or that will do by itself

You want to get a linear T5HO fixture and a 5.0 UVB bulb... Basking branch should be 8-9 inches below with this fixture type and bulb strength this will give baby the UVB it needs.
But do I need to leave the blue bulb that came with the kit or just that T5HO will be good?

Thank you so when I get T5Ho do I still need the blue buld that cane with the kit or that will do by itself
Throw the blue bulb away (or save it for a Halloween decoration).

Chameleons don't need—and shouldn't have—colored lights of any kind, and no lights at night whatsoever.

The blue bulb is okay for heat but a lot of people use regular incandescent house bulbs I personally use a low wattage halogen flood bulb as reptile bulbs are just overpriced I’ve also heard some bad things about the mossy vines

Throw the blue bulb away (or save it for a Halloween decoration).

Chameleons don't need—and shouldn't have—colored lights of any kind, and no lights at night whatsoever.
the sun isn’t blue after all also those bulbs from the review I’ve seen burn out after a week or 2

Back
Top Bottom