uva/uvb basking lamp

cant think of a particular one just wanted to know about general opinions on it... is there a recommended one? one that works better?

I personally prefer separate basking and Uv lighting (and natural light over that), but im sure some will be reccomended. :)

Are you asking about self ballasted mercury vapor bulbs.

is that the only one or the recommended one? i was just reading a website and they said they like the uva/uvb basking lamps...i think i had a mercury vapor bulb before but it didnt last very long....

is that the only one or the recommended one? i was just reading a website and they said they like the uva/uvb basking lamps...i think i had a mercury vapor bulb before but it didnt last very long....

The only type of bulbs that provide heat and UVB are mercury vapor bulbs (MVB.) There are a few different brands of MVB.

I use them and linear tubes but i have a very larg walk in inclosure. They might not be good for a small cage 18x18x36 or 24x24x48 they only come in 100 watt ot larger. you have to have them up off the cage. I think it would be better to use tubes and regular heat lamp for a small cage.

I have the Zoomed PowerSun and it works well if used properly. The bulb requires a 10" dome and they are kind of pricy. I know you can get the dome that glows in the dark too. As mentioned it needs to be kept up off the enclosure and it isn't recommended for smaller enclosures. These lamps get very hot and will fry a chamleon is used improperly.

thanks..that answered my question...i'll stick with what i have....simple and sufficient for my enclosure!:)

Back
Top Bottom