Use Arcadia T5HO lighting with 6% of 12% UVB???

aguallo123

So I've been doing more research and many members on here have suggested that I use a T5Ho bulb on my 6X2X3 cage for my juvenile male panther chameleon. I want to know what percentage UVB should I get, the 6% or 12%?
I have a regular reptisun 5.0 in there right.
The pic is for size reference
IMG-1154.JPG

Agreed. 6% will do just fine in your cage. I use a 12% since my live plants have very broad leaves and are thick up top. I need to keep it trimmed so light can actually get down in the cage for the shorter plants.

For some reason in thinking you should use a 12% t5 ho with d3 for you size cage, especially if u ever plan on adding tmstuff to your cage, but i might be wrong

I have a possible solution for your dilemma. Buy the 12% and wrap it in a single layer of window screen this will reduce the output by ~half. When your cage fills in remove the screen cover and you will have the best of both worlds.

I have a possible solution for your dilemma. Buy the 12% and wrap it in a single layer of window screen this will reduce the output by ~half. When your cage fills in remove the screen cover and you will have the best of both worlds.
Very true i was wondering would raising the t5 just by a inch or so reduce the output because thats what i did and it seems to work

Back
Top Bottom