URGENT, Possible xtreme prolapse

jpf

When I went to feed and clean my chameleons cage this morning I noticed she had layed eggs on top of the soil I had put in for her. I'm not sure whats going on but it looks like some sac or something is hanging from her butt. I will fill in the check list for help in a minute but for now I need to get this posted.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 133
Is there no place in her cage for her to dig and lay the eggs in a hole?

I can't see what's hanging out of her clearly enough to see what it is.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Vield, two years
  • Handling - rarely
  • Feeding - Crickets, 5 daily, carrots, fruits, ect.
  • Supplements - vitamin D3 once a week
  • Watering - Dripper, yes I have seen her drink.
  • Fecal Description - Brown and urates are white. Never tested for parasites
  • History - Shes never had any other serious issues before.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Large screen cage ( Not sure the exact size)
  • Lighting - Zoomed UVB from 7am-8pm
  • Temperature - 64-75
  • Humidity - Havent tested Humidity lately, I keep the cage misted though.
  • Plants - Fake plants
  • Placement - The cage is under a vent by the back wall.
  • Location - Colorado

How many eggs did she drop?
Can you post another photo of the "prolapse" please.

Oops... I see the egg laying container now....sorry. Concentrating too much on the chameleon!

I'm just really worried for my little girl.. She has been very healthy her entire life, and now she looks deathly ill with the sunken eyes and what ever that is in her butt :(

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Vield, two years
  • Handling - rarely
  • Feeding - Crickets, 5 daily, carrots, fruits, ect.
  • Supplements - vitamin D3 once a week
  • Watering - Dripper, yes I have seen her drink.
  • Fecal Description - Brown and urates are white. Never tested for parasites
  • History - Shes never had any other serious issues before.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Large screen cage ( Not sure the exact size)
  • Lighting - Zoomed UVB from 7am-8pm
  • Temperature - 64-75
  • Humidity - Havent tested Humidity lately, I keep the cage misted though.
  • Plants - Fake plants
  • Placement - The cage is under a vent by the back wall.
  • Location - Colorado
This is not specific enough.
5 crickets a day may be too many to prevent her from producing a big clutch. Has she laid before?
No basking temperature/light?
You only give her D3 all by itself? No phos free calcium at each feeding and no vitamins twice a month? No phos free calcium/D3 supplement twice a month? You don't know the brands?

This is not specific enough.
5 crickets a day may be too many to prevent her from producing a big clutch. Has she laid before?
No basking temperature/light?
You only give her D3 all by itself? No phos free calcium at each feeding and no vitamins twice a month? No phos free calcium/D3 supplement twice a month? You don't know the brands?
Sorry I was in a rush, let me get the exact stuff.

She has laid before,
She has a basking heat lamp that she sits under. It is a ceramic bulb, it stays around 75-80 degrees directly under it.
The calium is also zoomed (repticalium) I use with and without d3. I use with d3 two times a month and without d3 every week. (Perhaps I need more calium per day?)
Hopefully this is more specific

How many eggs were in previous clutches.

Phos free calcium should be dusted lightly on the insects at each feeding but 4 a month and she should be fed every second or third day at this age and only about 4 crickets per feeding. I would use other insects in her diet too.
Calcium /D3 should be used twice a month on two of the days, two weeks apart lightly. Same for the vitamins. Be careful with D3 and orEformed vitamin A because they can build up in the system?

Now...the real issues at the moment are her dropping eggs, not burying them and with whatever is sticking out her bottom ...so can you post another photo where I can see what is sticking out please.

If it's (her) tissue it needs to be kept moist with K-Y jelly until it can be dealt with...and dealing with it needs to happen quickly.

How many eggs were in previous clutches.

Phos free calcium should be dusted lightly on the insects at each feeding but 4 a month and she should be fed every second or third day at this age and only about 4 crickets per feeding. I would use other insects in her diet too.
Calcium /D3 should be used twice a month on two of the days, two weeks apart lightly. Same for the vitamins. Be careful with D3 and orEformed vitamin A because they can build up in the system?

Now...the real issues at the moment are her dropping eggs, not burying them and with whatever is sticking out her bottom ...so can you post another photo where I can see what is sticking out please.

If it's (her) tissue it needs to be kept moist with K-Y jelly until it can be dealt with...and dealing with it needs to happen quickly.
I really hope this isnt my fault. I knew she was eggbound but when I opened the cage two days ago she was digging a hole. I'm not sure if she going to lay them but when she saw me she climbed out and back up into the top of the branches. Her previous clutch was about the same. I've been spraying it with water every 40 minutes as well. Give me one minute to post a clear picture.

I really hope this isnt my fault. I knew she was eggbound but when I opened the cage two days ago she was digging a hole. I'm not sure if she going to lay them but when she saw me she climbed out and back up into the top of the branches. Her previous clutch was about the same. I've been spraying it with water every 40 minutes as well. Give me one minute to post a clear picture.
Husbandry does not matter right now. It will not fix the prolapse. Without a qualified exotic vet to take care of this now she will not make it.

I called every single vet around me, all are booked till monday. What should I do to help? This is really bad :(

i don't know if sugar water solution would work on this or not.
You do have to keep it moist though. I'm not sure whe will survive that long. Did you tell them it's n emergency?

Back
Top Bottom