URGENT! My Chameleon is turning BLACK!

Got a New UVB and tested it and it was BAD !! Was only putting out full spectrum light not UVB and my cham fadded to black !!! Put him outdoors for a week and he came right back with no probs !! Im not saying theres not any other probs just saying that was my prob !!:D

Listen the light is 2-3 mounths old this is when he started to see the prob!! Just because you buy a new light does not meen the UVB is up to par ! My father owned 3 pet stores and i worked there for years...... and it does happen:D

My daughter has tons of chams and a UV meter and test all of her bulbs. She once had a bad one right out of the box. It came on, would light up, but put out no UVB.

My daughter has tons of chams and a UV meter and test all of her bulbs. She once had a bad one right out of the box. It came on, would light up, but put out no UVB.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you test the bulb for UVB rays, is there some kind of gadget meter for this?

Yes there is a meter to test your uvb lights. I have one and don't know how to use it!:( Send a pm to Dave Weldon, he can advise on what to get.

Back
Top Bottom