Urgent! Kinyongia Boehmei Babys Care

Pig0606

Urgent!!! I just has one egg but two babies hatched. However one of the baby die on next day. I use a 20 gallon aqurium for my left baby and put some pin head crickets inside for he/she. However I cannot see the baby eat any crickets and the baby is not very active. Baby licks water from the flake plant. The temperature keeps 76.8 and the humidity is 99%. I have a 5.0 uvb light for the baby, turn on 8 hours a day. I put one drop of liquid calcium and one drop of liquid multivatimin inside 600ml water and use this water to spray the plant for my baby to drink. Can anyone provide information how to take care the baby?

Where are you located? We need food for that baby fast. Do you know how warn his housing is? Is he in a screen, aquarium, what kind of housing. Do you know how much humidity the housing holds? Have you seen him eat or drink?
Sorry for all the questions but we need to get this baby settled ASAP.

I am in Toronto, Canada. I put the baby in a 20 gallon aquirium now. The temperature is 24 degree and I kept humidity 99%. Lowest will be 69% after a night. I saw the baby drink and it try to eat pin head cricket 3 times. Only one time ate a leg. I had a 5.0 UVB light on for 8 hours a day. It seems tired all the time. This is my 4th day have this baby.

Ask Trace (moderator here) where to get correct food for your baby. If you can keep him warn and humid outside of a fish tank that is better. But if you go with a fish tank, we work with that. Can you get pinhead crickets, tiny superworms, or any other VERY small feeder? Tiny slikworms would be perfect.

Next do you have a UVB bulb? You need an old bulb that isn't as strong. Also a heat light might make it too hot so just use a small regular bulb, a 25 watt if you can get it.

You need to mist the cage so the little one has a place to drink. If he is missing that he Will die. But don't mist so much you leave water standing on the bottom. That will drown all your crickets.

Try hard to get him to eat and drink.

Have you heard anything from Trace? I will see who else has had boehmei, if you don't get any help from her.

I have not kept the K. boehmei but your temperatures and humidity seem to be correct. Being he is a twin, s/he might just be weak from the get go. Chances are the mother was a wild caught animal and if she wasn’t healthy or stressed that might reflect in the health of her eggs. Sometimes these guys just don’t make it.

I’m not sure it’s worth seeing a vet for something so small but here are a few good ones in the TO area. Even if you didn’t bring him/her in they would have a decent dry food you mix with water that you could use for force feeding.
http://thelinksroadanimalclinic.com/

The pet stores to visit in the TO area for a variety of small bugs and supplies are:
http://www.portcreditpets.com/
http://www.allreptiles.ca/

Thank you

My baby ate one pin head cricket yesterday. She always sleep seems still weak. I kept temperature 22.6 to 24.5. The lowest humidity is 76. I hope she will get stronger.

Back
Top Bottom