Urgent help!

Lindsay9758

My chameleon got out of a hole in its new enclosure and was right next to the lamp she has a black face and feet i am trying to cool her down at the moment he was not up there for very long until found. Any advice?

Last edited:
My chameleon got out of a hole in its new enclosure and was right next to the lamp he has a black face and feet i am trying to cool him down at the moment he was not up there for very long until found. Any advice?
COuld be the start of thermal burns... Or he got very very stressed and the black is temporary. Do not put water on him or anything like that it will cause more stress. Fix the hole and get him back in the enclosure to see if his colors normalize.

Okay i fixed the hole immedietly! She is starting to move again but still has her eyes closed. Im going to put him in the enclosure with the smaller babies. Thank you so much for the quick reply ?

Her currently

Attachments

• 20201202_182026.jpg
    20201202_182026.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 87
It is only about 3 months old the other siblings are about a month old is that alright or just put back in enclosure? I just wanted to put her in smaller where I could check up on her and light isnt so intense

It is only about 3 months old the other siblings are about a month old is that alright or just put back in enclosure? I just wanted to put her in smaller where I could check up on her and light isnt so intense
It depends on the size of the other babies... I will tag in someone that has bred them @kinyonga

As long as the enclosure has been fixed and there is no way for her to get back out of it to get to the heat then it should be fine to go back in.

She looks awfully dark. I'm not sure if she'll be ok or not. What temperature was/is the basking area at? Did she actually.ally touch the hood or the bulb? What wattage was it and what type of bulb was it

You could put her in a smaller shallower cage or aplastic comtainer so you can watch her...maybe put a towel on the floor of the cage and branches that aren't too high off the floor of the cage in case she falls. You still want to have the UVB light on the cage though.

See post #4 in this thread for an idea...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/baby-chameleon-lighting-and-cages.179570/#post-1622033

Last edited:
She looks awfully dark. I'm not sure if she'll be ok or not. What temperature was/is the basking area at? Did she actually.ally touch the hood or the bulb? What wattage was it and what type of bulb was it

You could put her in a smaller shallower cage or aplastic comtainer so you can watch her...maybe put a towel on the floor of the cage and branches that aren't too high off the floor of the cage in case she falls. You still want to have the UVB light on the cage though.

I don't think she touched hood or bulb she was just right next to the light. I attached a photo of the bulb she was next to. Its 77 degrees in the enclosure. I have her in a smaller tub with a light on but I placed her on the ground since her eyes aren't open. Im getting a lot of swaying back and forth and mouth opening occasionally though. Not looking good. ?

Attachments

• 20201202_183911.jpg
    20201202_183911.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom