Urgent Advice needed please....

bluenose2219

Hi i recently bought my 13yr old son viv stack....when i got his viv stack it came with two veil chameleons, one was complete with a exo terra viv with the lights, plants etc....the other chameleon set up did not come with a set up, so i have put him in one of the empty vivs in the stack....he has plenty of vines to climb on, he gets sprayed a few times a day, but he seems to be a dark colour all of the time and he is not eating much...after reading up on them i think his set up is all wrong...is there anything i can possibly do for him until we can afford to get him a proper set up...he is not exactly small so i think he will need quite big viv....

Any advice would be welcome, particularly on the viv size etc:

i am new to this forum, so i apologise if i haven't provided enough info

There are a lot of temp setups you can do. First we really do need pictures to know what you have to start with. Also just an idea of where you are located, will help us know what you Cham will need.

We will help you, so don't worry.

sorry guys.....how do upload a picture

Attachments

• 20150216_161133.jpg
    20150216_161133.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 116
There are certainly a lot of people on here with more knowledge than me, but the first thing I would note is that veileds need good air movement, and that this enclosure looks like it has very little. Most people use screen/mesh enclosures, because they allow for good circulation of air. Also, unless that is just water on the glass from misting, humidity looks off the charts. Additionally, chameleons really like height, for more than width, in their enclosure. For an adult veiled, the recommendation I normally see is 24" wide, 24" deep, and 48" tall. Vines for climbing on are great, but leaves for cover/concealment are very important too. Just some thoughts. I am sure other with more knowledge will chime in too.

After looking again, can you tell us what the temperature is in the basking area and what the temperature is at the other end of the enclosure? What kind of light is in there?

Back
Top Bottom