Urate looks like an egg?

VeiledLily

This morning I noticed in Lily’s dripper bowl had a urate that looks like an egg? It’s squishy unless this is normal sometimes? I have never seen her urate look like this before. I noticed since I changed her lay bin yesterday she’s digging a lot more in the sand too.

Attachments

• 56349BA3-95F1-4CB3-A554-D52F023B6B3F.jpeg
    56349BA3-95F1-4CB3-A554-D52F023B6B3F.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 89
The new mixture is washed play sand and jungle mix! No perlite. It’s moist and she has been digging at it randomly should I put a sheet up around the center and leave her alone? Do I turn the lights on/off regular schedule?

I have her water dripper normal schedule and misting. The egg was found in her water bowl (excess) so she had to been up high for it to be there.
She keeps climbing around on the screen too (I have a Repta-Breeze cage)

I heard her scratching all day in the sand and the tunnel (I peeked through a tiny crack and saw how she dug a tunnel very deep and was in it) and she actually is sleeping in it or taking a break and I’m amazed at how just the change of mixture did the trick and I’m so happy that all of you helped Lily be able to lay her eggs! Should I actually look within 2 days?

Do NOT let her see you.....leave her alone. AFTER the eggs have been laid, the hole filled in and tamped down and she's back in the branches to stay...thin and thirsty and hungry, then you can look in the cage. AFTER ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED...you can dig up the eggs to count how many she laid so we can tell you if you need to change her diet and temperatures in the basking area.

Thank you me too! It’s so exciting that she’s doing this!

I haven’t looked in her cage at all so I’m sure she’s still in her hole bc there’s not a shadow sitting on the branches (I have curtain sections hung over her cage for privacy) I will definitely count her eggs once she’s back in the branches and eating (and remember 1 egg already came out)

Now that she's done laying, you should dust the insects just before feeding them to her with a phos free calcium powder, lightly at all feedings a week except for one. On that one feeding, you should alternate between a phos free calcium powder and a vitamin powder with a preformed source of vitamin A and no D3.

I would feed her 4 or 5 crickets two or three times a week...or other insects of equal value...and keep the basking temperatures at 80F.

Now that she's done laying, you should dust the insects just before feeding them to her with a phos free calcium powder, lightly at all feedings a week except for one. On that one feeding, you should alternate between a phos free calcium powder and a vitamin powder with a preformed source of vitamin A and no D3.

I would feed her 4 or 5 crickets two or three times a week...or other insects of equal value...and keep the basking temperatures at 80F.
Shouldn’t she use calcium with D3 twice a month Kinyonga?

Yup...that's what I meant...I think. One day a week alternate between the PHOS free calcium/D3 and the vitamins that have no D3 but do have preformed vitamin A....so the part where I said..."On that one feeding, you should alternate between a phos free calcium powder and a vitamin powder with a preformed source of vitamin A and no D3"..should have read..."On that one feeding, you should alternate between a phos free calcium/D3 powder and a vitamin powder with a preformed source of vitamin A and no D3." Good catch!

Hi @VeiledLily glad your girl has laid. Did she just drop 1 egg ( like didn't lay just produced in the w dripper bowl) also have you ever filled out a husbandry form since joining to make sure alls good . I was tagged as my girl has dropped eggs ( only my thoughts ) either my girl wasn't happy with her bin but I believe that she ( my girl) wasn't getting enough privacy before she was about to lay

Back
Top Bottom