Urate Hate

FlChamMom

Avid Member
So my panther is a stodgy drinker... I mist, I drip, I have tried to shower, I use a syringe to hand water- point is water is coming at this boy constantly. I cannot get to a white urate. Zeke is a once a week pooper- according to my vet this can cause the urate to be yellow. Anyone else heard of this?

He gets Hornworms and silkworms... I can still only get to beige urates- never white. Granted he will only eat the horns on the first day when they are really small. I feel like he will have kidney problems at some point but I cannot think of another option. For instance tonight he drank 3 ml of water by syringe, which he does about 2-3 times a week. My vet sad he did not look dehydrated at all but that the urates yellow due to being held in his system so long. Just worried because he is so sweet.

Has he had bloodwork? My vet told me that yellow urates can mean other things besides dehydration but ATM I can't remember what they were.

I think I am going to take him in this weekend- he got over coccidia a few months ago and I keep thinking maybe he is getting it back. Did I worry this much with my child??

Zeke is a once a week pooper- according to my vet this can cause the urate to be yellow. Anyone else heard of this?

Yes, this can happen because the longer it sits in the body the more fluid is pulled back out of it. BUT the back end of urates should be white. My panther Oscar only poops once every 2 weeks usually so the front end of the urates is usually yellow or even orange but the rest is white. If they're all orange or dark yellow then hydration is a concern.

Back
Top Bottom